Movies we love thems!

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Raemonn

Re: Movies we love thems!

Post by Raemonn »

Recently watched Blue Jasmine with the girlfriend. Alec Baldwin plays his typecast to perfection (a shady, decadent, sleazy businessman who cheated his way to wealth on the misery of others), TV "that guy!" Bobby Cannavale is also brilliant, but the best performance is put down by the lead Cate Blanchett. She's playing a down-on-her-luck trophy wife who's battling a nervous breakdown, after and during two cases of "karmic retribution".

Bloody brilliant, I'd say.
Pigeon: 691-280-878
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Just watched Taken; I will find you and I will kill you. Nothing specially but a good time killer.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i liked it a lot. more than taken 2. it was fine, but taken "1" was better imo
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Just watched Taken 2 and you're right, 1 was better.

Also watched Cloud Atlas, which was confusing as hell.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Yuusou wrote:Also watched Cloud Atlas, which was confusing as hell.
Yah, weird movie. I had it running next to me while doing some work. That didn't help. It was confusing as fuck. Still don't get the plot.
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

I had the volume low not to annoy the neighbours and was eating biscuits so some of the time all I heard was *CRUNCH*, it didn't help since they spoke weird.
Prince

Post by Prince »

Just watched "The Gladiator". its epic. bad thing is tomorrow i have to work
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Prince wrote:Just watched "The Gladiator". its epic. bad thing is tomorrow i have to work
Were your wearing your Raspberry Beret? Sorry had to ask :D

Just started watching through the Zatoichimovies again, sadly, Hulu removed about 5 of them from their collection, chiefly, Zatoichi meets Yojimbo, which stars Shintaro Katsu as Zatoichi of course but also Tashiro Mifune reprising his role as Yojimbo.

Don't waste your time with the 2003 version, rubbish. For the other remakes Blind Fury, Ichi and Zatoichi: The Last, I haven't seen any of those. Stick with good old Shintaro Katsu, the TV show entitled the same which also starred Shintaro Katsu, while I only saw a few episodes it was pretty good too.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

If you're referring to Kitano's Zatoichi, I think it's a great movie. It's not his best work (I mean, this guy's the Eastwood of japanese cinema) but it's still entertaining.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Boris wrote:If you're referring to Kitano's Zatoichi, I think it's a great movie. It's not his best work (I mean, this guy's the Eastwood of japanese cinema) but it's still entertaining.

- Boris
That'd be the one, maybe ill rewatch it sometime and give it another shot I just remember watching it and hating it. The ending was horrible I remember that though.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman