Movies we love thems!

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Kent Strider

Re: Movies we love thems!

Post by Kent Strider »

Saw Kick-Ass 2, and I liked the hell out of it. Too bad there more than likely will not be a Kick-Ass 3, I would like to see Kick-Ass now that he has trained up and gotten tough as shit.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

I really want to see Tim's Vermeer, can only hope it makes it to one of the artsy theater's here. I am not an artist in anyway, horrible at drawing, never tried my hand at painting, this movie still looks interesting.

I listened to an interview with NewTek founder Tim Jenison on Triangulation, who has made a very good case on how Johannes Vermeer might have painted his photoesque paintings. I knew nothing of Vermeer, that's how unlearned I am in the painting world, I had heard of one of his paints Girl with a Pearl Earring but didn't know who painted it, had never even heard of Vermeer before this interview I listened to. Anyways, it looks interesting, hoping it makes it to San Antonio, it should considering that Tim Jenison lives here but you never know.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Ares

Post by Ares »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:I really want to see Tim's Vermeer, can only hope it makes it to one of the artsy theater's here. I am not an artist in anyway, horrible at drawing, never tried my hand at painting, this movie still looks interesting.

I listened to an interview with NewTek founder Tim Jenison on Triangulation, who has made a very good case on how Johannes Vermeer might have painted his photoesque paintings. I knew nothing of Vermeer, that's how unlearned I am in the painting world, I had heard of one of his paints Girl with a Pearl Earring but didn't know who painted it, had never even heard of Vermeer before this interview I listened to. Anyways, it looks interesting, hoping it makes it to San Antonio, it should considering that Tim Jenison lives here but you never know.
Looks interesting!

It's odd, I've always known Vermeer as "Vermeer van delft" for some reason.
Raemonn

Post by Raemonn »

Ares wrote:
Cyrus Tegyr wrote:I really want to see Tim's Vermeer, can only hope it makes it to one of the artsy theater's here. I am not an artist in anyway, horrible at drawing, never tried my hand at painting, this movie still looks interesting.

Looks interesting!

It's odd, I've always known Vermeer as "Vermeer van delft" for some reason.
Not a big "mistake" of any kind. "van Delft" should be read as "from the city of Delft." Quite commonly used during the Middle Ages and the Early Modern period to distinguish between various individuals. Later, after the Napoleonic annexation of the Republic of the United Seven Provinces, did lots of people turn this habit into actual surnames.

Anyway, movies. Last movie I saw was the documentary Grizzly Man. That guy Timothy Treadwell was absolutely nuts. Guy had it comin'.
Pigeon: 691-280-878
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i just saw men in black 3 lol
yes, only now
but tbh i was expecting "just another of the same kind" and i wanted to see it just for the sake of seeing the last one of the series, but i was surprised, the plot actually had some cool twists with all the time travelling thing and stuff
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

I also enjoyed MiB3, was surprised that it even tugged at your heart strings a little.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

just saw salmon fishing in the yemen
quite interesting aswell, it's funny how it had nice dialogues and good philosophical insights, when the least important part was the salmon fishing in the yemen thing :D
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

and now, john carter
action + weird fantasy world, but interesting in some parts of the plot
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

aaaaand this time i saw hitman
you have some movies like this already, some similarities with the bourne series and whatnot, but what can you do
i liked the games, so i liked the movie, it's always interesting to see how is he gonna pull this part off, what kind of plans, strategies, etc
and timothy olyphant was great imo
Raemonn

Post by Raemonn »

Glarundis wrote:aaaaand this time i saw hitman
you have some movies like this already, some similarities with the bourne series and whatnot, but what can you do
i liked the games, so i liked the movie, it's always interesting to see how is he gonna pull this part off, what kind of plans, strategies, etc
and timothy olyphant was great imo
Heh. I'd say it's one of the better game-to-movie adaptations I've seen (although, admittedly, that's kind of like saying that sometimes, a turd doesn't stink that bad), but where I can accept Agent 47's ridiculously inefficient appearance in a video game, it did kind of irk me in the movie.

Nevertheless, it has Olga Kurylenko; and she's mighty fine.
Pigeon: 691-280-878