Finland out-progressives Sweden (NSFW)

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Basil Brotheamus

Re: Finland out-progressives Sweden (NSFW)

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

There's already been some hilarious panic-mode replies in Finnish media from the nationalist party True Finns. Basically whining about "gay artist" being more important than Jäger Movement, and the gay stamps ruining our reputation, putting us into danger, and some other surrealistic claims and rants. There was a good reply from someone on the comments section saying something along the lines: "I doubt the Knight of the Cross of Liberty and a Lieutenant Touko Laaksonen (the artist behind Tom of Finland) would share the same views of his art."

Excited to see more homophobics to lose their shit over a stamp.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ivan wrote:This is some sort of swedish conspiracy to save swedes from their horrible fate of immigration. They are trying to invite their fellow clan mates to finland.
You just think you're better because you're gayer. Just wait and see. We'll go superfreak in '15.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Charha

Post by Charha »

It seems that recently Tom of Finland has been very popular figure in art here in Finland. He's been around forever, but for some reason now he's considered really hot stuff by the media. *shrug*

I went to see some of Tom's graphite drawings that were on display in a local art gallery opening a year ago or something. I must admit I was super drunk at the time, but I recall that I was mesmerized by the amount of detail there was in some of the portrait drawings (I'm fairly sure I was looking at the drawings and not actual people). Whereas the guys in Tom's drawings are idealized and quite cartoony, the texture in his works - especially when it comes to leather and skin - is utterly pro and meticulous. You have to see it up close to really appreciate it. Photographs of his works are a tad bland in comparison.

I mean, sure, he drew a lot of cocks and bums and was always honest about the fact that that's what he liked best, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he mastered some serious drawing techniques along the way.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

20 years of propaganda turned unconditionaly supporting homosexuality into a "warm glow"(look it up). Kinda funny this is considered something extreamly progressive nowdays...maybe canabis should be included here as well. Since you know to get " with the times".
Charha

Post by Charha »

Derp. What's getting stoned got to do with supporting human rights? Cannabis is a substance, but sexual orientation is an integral part of anyone's identity. It's something people are born with whether they want it or not. You can't choose not to have it, so at least you shouldn't have to be ashamed of it or fear for your life because of it. And it looks great in stamps.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

If you believe people are born that way it does become easy to defend/promote homosexuality probably. But honestly speaking from Canadian(probably not that different from eu) context its probably more of a choice for large amount of people. Like i said previously for the past 20 years homosexuality has been promoted as something progressive and good, and I have seen enough people with identity problems(mental instability) picking this road to make themselves "special". West has the biggest self medicated population per capita therefore it has the most mental instabilities per capita. I mentioned weed here because defending and promoting light drugs in today's time is also considered "progressive" by the liberal/libertarian minded people. Especial by the same people who are pro-homosexual unconditionally.
The stamp itself is perverted as it gets and there is basically nothing progressive about it, if not down right disgusting. But we been conditioned to think stuff like this is something progressive and worth defending...
All this being said, some are probably born this way I wont deny that but that's a small percentage of what we are seeing as homosexuals.
Last edited by Andoriel on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basil Brotheamus

Post by Basil Brotheamus »

I'd seriously like to hear what makes you think mental instability have anything to do with homosexuality? :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual ... in_animals
As of 1999, nearly 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, have been observed engaging in same-sex behaviors; this is well documented in about 500 species
They must have some pretty darn well organized homosexual propaganda machinery aswell. Who would have thought. :O

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_homosexuality
The first recorded homosexual couple in history is commonly regarded as Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum, an Egyptian male couple, who lived around the 2400 BCE.
Homosexual and transgender individuals were also common among other pre-conquest civilizations in Latin America, such as thellohe Aztecs, Mayans, Quechuas, Moches, Zapotecs, and the Tupinambá of Brazil.
Homosexuality in China, known as the pleasures of the bitten peach, the cut sleeve, or the southern custom, has been recorded since approximately 600 BCE.
Homosexuality in Japan, variously known as shudo or nanshoku, has been documented for over one thousand years and had some connections to the Buddhist monastic life and the samurai tradition.
The earliest Western documents (in the form of literary works, art objects, and mythographic materials) concerning same-sex relationships are derived from ancient Greece.
Those damn 20 years of propaganda have must have affected those too :(
Seriously speaking the large scale discrimination of homosexuality have became only after the propaganda of Bible and Quran have been established, which both condemns homosexuality.

I'm straight myself, but if someone finds joy from being with same sex partner, he/she should have all the same freedom to do so as anyone else. And I can't personally understand why anyone would disagree or be bothered with that.
Last edited by Basil Brotheamus on Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charha

Post by Charha »

I for one have nothing against promoting homosexuality as something good (and with that I mean equally good as heterosexuality or asexuality or whatever). It's certainly preferable to gay people being beaten up, lynched, thrown in jail, harassed or treated as if they had a potentially curable disease of some sort.

Objectively thinking there's nothing outrageously perverse and disgusting in these stamps in comparison to some average music video on MTV, Sisley's advertising or reality tv. The guys aren't even real people; they're drawings. I feel it's the "eww factor" at work here: when the privileged majority sees something that doesn't go well with their tastes or preferences, they feel they have a right to be angry and disgusted, thinking that surely the end times are near.

I get it that the flamboyance of the gay culture irks some straight people, but I'd say it's just a phase. Like with feminism, at first you have to shake things up until a sense of equality is attained and these outrageous ideas (like black people starring in tv shows or women eating birth control pills) become such an everyday thing there's no need to make a scene.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

Engel:
I personaly wouldnt depend so much on animals because animals are instinctive in their sexual activity. They can go after objects, other species or same sex depending on the availability of the opposite sex. Nature does dictate the survivability of species depended on their ability to reproduce however.

Another thing is, I am thinking in today context in an non abstracted way from todays politics or the environment. Which is highly industrialized, capitalistic, individualistic, and lots of mental problems. Homosexuality did exist in history, but to a lesser degree. Which is why at the very end I included, some people are probably born that way. If you wanna talk about it in today's context and get into remnants of counter-culture that is being wrapped up as a progressive package , that we can do :)
Arden Darkfall

Post by Arden Darkfall »

Andoriel wrote:West has the biggest self medicated population per capita therefore it has the most mental instabilities per capita.
Just because you have a big ratio of fucktard drama queens and attention whores in your culture, it doesn't mean that the rest of the world follows those rules. Unless we're still in the era where all German are Nazis, all Dutchmen are stoners and all black people are slaves.

Andoriel wrote:All this being said, some are probably born this way I wont deny that but that's probably a small percentage of what we are seeing as homosexuals.
Homosexuality should be described as a disorder. The issue with this is that the word "disorder" is probably one of the few with a even bigger negative connotation than homosexuality itself. It's a result of both genetic and hormonal changes that mostly happen still in the womb, so yes... Homosexuals are born that way.

I can guarantee you one thing: Most aren't the sexually open exhibitionists willing to screw anything that moves, living their lives centered on sex. They are complex people, discreet about their personal lives, with ambitions, fears and struggles. Just like the rest of us.