Scandinavian roadtrip

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Blide

Scandinavian roadtrip

Post by Blide »

Hey gals and guys, ;D Last year I made a scandinavian roadtrip. I went to Finland on 16th of april and returned back home on 30th same month. I came to Helsinki from where I had about 5 hour drive to Lieksa/Timitra hostel where I stayed for a week. In that time I wisited few places like Kuopio, Jensuu and such. After a week I went from Lieksa up north to Rovaniemi and stayed at some log cottage inn on the way, I forgot the town what is called. So in Rovaniemi I went to see the real Santa! :p There was much snow still there because it's the polar circle there. So from Rovaniemi I kept getting up north on the endless streight road and tundra to the Finish-Norvegean border. I reach Nordkapp by noon the same day, after that I went to Alta in Finnmark where I stayede. The next day I went to Narvik and then again to the next border, this time to Sweden. I crossed the border and came trough Kiruna, which is Sweden's most northern town. From there I went to the town of Gällivare. Stayed there over the night again and in morning went to Umeå where I crossed the sea back to the town of Vaasa and went right to Tampere. And I really loved it. Went to Herald too, great food and ambient. Felt almost like on Pangaea. :P So the last day I went back to Helsinki and had time until next morning so I also took time to look around, almost got lost in the shops under the railway station. :P And then came back. I won't post pictures here because it's too many, instead, I am leaving links to my FB photo albums which are public so take a look. :)

Finland

Norway

Sweden
Ivan

Re: Scandinavian roadtrip

Post by Ivan »

You missed Oulu, but o'well there is not realy anything worth of seeing here anyhow. Glad that you enjoyed your trip to Finland.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

GÄLLIVARE
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Blide

Post by Blide »

I did around 3500 km in 6 days, so I was a bit tight on scedule. :D I wanted to meet up with Virpi but she was busy at work so she didn't have time. No ofense guys, I liked Finland and Sweden, but I fell in love with Norway. :D
Kira

Post by Kira »

you call that scandinavian? you missed one country! DENMARK!!!
Birds Nest: 364-322-303
-The Shani Family-
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

Realistically Finland and Iceland aren't Scandinavian, they're part of the "Northern" territories however.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Nice... Finland looks like I imagined.
Striker

Post by Striker »

Did you meet cpt. Sweden?:)
Blide

Post by Blide »