About robberies

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Maximilian Lhoth

Re: About robberies

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

One idea I have. Robbers on Pangaea are more or less organized and have worked as teams. Quite often they only have each other and work with whoever will work with them (other robbers). Maybe, if you want to hunt, and don't care about being valorous and such macho bs, but just want shiny things, just bribe them to leave you alone. You pay them, they won't touch you, you lose some gold, but at least you know how much you lose and can easily prepare for losing it since it's a default sum. Most likely, if not all robbers would accept these deals, quite many would. It'd still offer you way more protection than having all robbers on you.

Old Telborea worked a bit like that and many people paid them, though they asked for quite small sums. Those who didn't pay did it out of principle; the character wouldn't be subdued, but would fight back instead of being told what to do.
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Why are you still talking about this :lol:?! Go outside and enjoy the effects of climate change :lol:.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Good old Pang - some things never change.

Good to be back.
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

And people laughed at me because my heightened knight and priest ran around in iron/radlius/cheapy gear and the occasional troll bone armour? I hated being robbed/killed, really I did. The wearing of cheapy gear took a lot of the sting out of it. There was a reason to my madness.

I know it's not ideal because of how the armour limits you but sometimes it's just better to stick to crappy gear until you get really rich and can afford to run around in anything better. And at least when you lose the crappy gear you can be relieved by the fact you can recuperate much faster and continue playing because of it.

PS: Sorry for the topic res, I just realised it went inactive 3 weeks ago :(
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

apologies 8 pages did not read all:

i dont think the problem is the robbers so much, its the lack of people able to defend... with the mayday button inactive there's no real way to call for help

without the reds there is no reason to play the game, and without them being able to rob and kill who they encounter theres no point to being red

basic defence, dont carry anything you cant afford to lose, and may just be a case of live with it till religions are back