About robberies

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Palma

Re: About robberies

Post by Palma »

Rauno wrote:well... i did get trylooted today exept armor.. and i feel like going away.. but i will not... i got a week now to hunt.. and then i will lose again something for sure... then i will get that going away feeleng again.. but i will not :D but one time i will for sure. its just a game for me i accept the rules and other players... if it makes me feel bad then i just dont want to play it anymore. easy.

If you're posting about this which clearly annoyed you, why don't you share with us what happened then, that you got drylooted and what did you loose that is making you quit?
Rauno

Post by Rauno »

you got me wrong.. things are not... that feeleng makes this to happen...
dont worry i will not quit.. i got just full week now :D and you will get another chance to robb me again and again and again. this makes your feeleng better right? :D but i dont know how long i can hang on. got the point?
Rauno (tamer)

Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Alot of bitching and moaning over nothing :roll: :lol:

There are what, 4 robbers these days?

Getting away from robbers is surprisingly easy.. do you realise that every player runs at the same speed? If you start running and are 1 step ahead of them before they realise whats going on and make no mistakes - you will make it to your safe zone very easily. If on the other hand they have someone at the entrance to your dungeon who has been pre-informed to cast paralyse .. yeh expect to take a few digs.

My advice on robbers, carry potions & be prepared.
Like someone said its very easy to run to the bottom level of a dungeon (or until you see xxx monster) and drink an invisibility potion (instead of dieing as the other person suggested) and call for help.
Ive found myself hiding 10tiles away from an ancient dragon in destard on my robber while law chased me - and with religions, it wasnt a case of if you run first and you escape because of the way the targetting system and rites worked if they casted paralyse.

Sure, some people are new - in that case if your up against demians assassin unless you know what your doing your pretty fooked (the other 3 robbers you have quite a high chance of escaping from tho lol).
One of my best memories of being a newbie was the rush I got when I ran into Korec and Rollew when they robbed me blind. Take the rough with the smooth and stop bitching and get on with it.

Create a guild to do OoLs job someone? Tho I guess the shard isn't active enough for that...
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

How the hell can you whine now that there's 4 robbers on the whole shard? Back in the day there were more players, sure, but also a ton of robbers, WORSE robbers and even guilds made solely to kick your noob ass. I got robbed quite a few times before I learned to avoid them as best as I could. Learned to know the guys who rob, got together with some people rather than hunting alone, the use of invisi pots and other goodies, and so on. Now we have it easy. Of course it sucks to lose you gear and get killed, but as stated before, it's ALWAYS been a part of the game. If there was no possibility of ever getting killed, why the hell even play the game? For the breath-taking risk of dying to a monster?
Bloodtouch

Post by Bloodtouch »

As Gorath said (and everyone else), it does suck to lose your stuff to a robbery...it sucks to lose your stuff period. Be it in a hunt, PvP...whatever! Later this day when we robbed, I lagged out (think I even lost con) in a PvP situation, died ofc, lost my stuff, ragequit etc etc. But that aint a reason to start a topic about it, but thats not the case here, we took a lot of things from you, things that were good for us, we left some obvious gear etc that werent needed, like your armor, but bags for example, I really cba to pick every single item in it and put it back in your corpse. And there were some brutal guilds early on (even tho I wasnt here from the very start of Pang) I met some nasty ppl and guilds that would robb you and that was it, old Telbo, Nox etc and ppl would just suck it up (sure there could of been some rage posts about it), cuz its part of the game, youre RP'ing a robber, someone evil who takes your stuffs and calls you bad names, dont take stuff you cant afford to lose, check out for online count since it was pretty high today, stay calm when youre getting robbed, dont just run away when all we want is probably some gold, jewelry etc, not your hides and shit
And get some assistance on ICQ, for a gate, someone to help you, whatever, just be prepared for anything next time, cuz we're not after your blood or smth :D
645-915-327
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Sandbox server or GM managed via Law? I'd vote for the latter all day bey bey :-)!

I would caution the would be robbers to use common sense. Don't ruin someone else experience for the thrill of a 5 minute chase. I know it's a grey area but try to judge the situation. Obviously we all want to see the player base rise. New characters or newbs to Pangaea culture are the lifeblood of this server and if they get scared off too soon, player base goes South.
Rauno

Post by Rauno »

Tyrion got a point. Pang is not like it was long time ago. you scare ppls away with robbing or call new ppls to play and teach them. there are new players just 2 monts old and got robbed already couple of times.. they dont know about anything like how to use potions in any situation, how to use speed/titels agains robber char. they are not miljonairs. they just trie to live peaceful right now.
there are 2 types of ppls, PvP and PvE... these who like pvp like robbers... maybe gm's can organize tournaments for them? winner gets the price (its only an idea)
then you can feel like an gladiator. and these who are like PvE will get no harm.
what ppls think about robbing? to get money or ruin the whole character?
if you need money then take only the goins or ask money. give them chance to continue what they are doing.
its just a game and what we lose are items in game. but the emoution what your giving to a player will make them go away if you ruin them.
would be nice when there are chance to go out with full geared and hunt whatever you want without any risk of robbers.
what i mean is we are able to make weeks where is robbing alowed and not alowed. players can take the risk (its only an idea)
or you see ppls most of the time macroing in theyr house.. there are no point of indy clothes/good armors if you are scared to go out with them.
some ppls are making hard work to get some money and buy anything good. what for.. they go hunt and robber will come and just take that from him.
in that situation player is emotionally hurt and it makes him go away!
luckily that was i who got trylooted yesterday not some new guy. total loss was 0.5miljon. yea your going to ask what did i lose? 3 birds are worth 300k porcelan ostard and yewels and weapons and more... i got some goins to buy new clothes and will get my tamer running again.
i dont blame anything. they did what they needed to do. but still i am emotionally hort...
everyone is free to post ideas... not to complain anything. we can be more frends then enemys ;)
Rauno (tamer)

tehsquish

Post by tehsquish »

How about everybody just not be dicks to eachother. If something feels mean or shady maybe its better not to do it.

I agree with the others who say the current crop of robbers aren't nearly as bad as they used to be.

I hope robbers understand if we run away instead of RP its because of people in the past who would dry loot radlius chainmail just because.

Robbing isn't going away and its a fact of life on Pang - as the others said you need to learn how to deal with / avoid it. Make friends with people and learn how to mitigate risk.

Also stop waving your goddamn dicks around on the forums. If you can't reply to threads without trolling then get a new hobby. Don't you people get tired of this shit?
Bloodtouch

Post by Bloodtouch »

Robbers are implemented cuz RP, making a rule so that robbers cant rob from time to time is silly, there are things that need ''stoopid'' solutions, but only to prevent abuses, really unfair stuff etc, this isnt the case, this is no abuse at all, we as robbers decide who we kill and who we spare, just that, but theres no need to make a rule so you cant be robbed ''Err, oh noes, a magical field is preventing me from killing you and taking yer gearz, damn you!''
If one decides to go on a murderous rampage and stay for that(I guess that would be needed a different RP anyway) thats another thing, plus I guess your items would be saved :D
A totally new player to UO or something with 2 months old he shouldnt have anything valuable at least, unless some fuck buddy gave him good stuff right off the bat or hangs out with someone who has valuable stuff (you are a tamer, in my head you already have good/valuable things with you), everyone loses shit, everyone gets heartbroken, whatever, those arent the reasons robbers are gonna stop robbing those are things that you gotta live with, with or without robbers, the maximum I could see being done, is THEIR DECISIONS towards doing it or not, I myself just ask gold from newbies I find, I could RP a different way and kill everyone I find, but Im not that big of a dick but I still need to do my part of the RP Im doing, and I do feel bad often ahaha, its rare the case I let someone go freely, and I still try to RP because Im like, in a middle of a fight, oblivious etc
645-915-327
everezt

Post by everezt »

In that RP case, would it not be lovely for robber to be jailed for a while if they have been caught/killed by honest guys/ladies?