About robberies

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Bloodtouch

Re: About robberies

Post by Bloodtouch »

everezt wrote:In that RP case, would it not be lovely for robber to be jailed for a while if they have been caught/killed by honest guys/ladies?
If guards pew pew us, we go to Wrong and someone has to clear it to the last lvl or something and click a lever so the robber can get out again.

Edit: Plus a system like that would exist already with Salvation rite IF they were to turn in...but just stoning could work too xD
645-915-327
Rauno

Post by Rauno »

we are not 15 years old or some of us are? lets take out these words like d**k or Fu** Bu**s!!! be nice.. here are others ppls too.

read my last words again if you didnt see them before.
do what you are doing... rob everyone who you want and loot them all if you think thats fine to you...
there are no robbers around who will robb every your charr.. you are free to run around without any risk.
but we cant. lets wait and see the player base when it goes like that.
Rauno (tamer)

James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

Gorath Blackmind wrote:How the hell can you whine now that there's 4 robbers on the whole shard? Back in the day there were more players, sure, but also a ton of robbers, WORSE robbers and even guilds made solely to kick your noob ass. I got robbed quite a few times before I learned to avoid them as best as I could. Learned to know the guys who rob, got together with some people rather than hunting alone, the use of invisi pots and other goodies, and so on. Now we have it easy. Of course it sucks to lose you gear and get killed, but as stated before, it's ALWAYS been a part of the game. If there was no possibility of ever getting killed, why the hell even play the game? For the breath-taking risk of dying to a monster?
It has not been part of game for last 3 or 4 years, just saying
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Dont forget old Telborea. Johnny slaying people for dem carrots :D

Lets go back to loot only gems, gold, potions like it used to be for a while, people fighting in indys and stuff. Noone loosing anything and noone buying any new armors.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

1) Don't go to dungeons
2) Use gear you can afford and that's good enough for the trip you're doing; I generally go with lunar/force/aork, vampire/titan
3) Use "expensive" gear only when it's really needed, like in Destard for example, even then be sure to have similar backup gear
4) Don't leave your house open if you macro there, and it's out of guardzone
5) Boycott the merchant characters who associate with robbers
6) If you're at all into PvP, or have a druid or bard for blessing up or an overtly rich merchant, join the robber-chaser teams or become their ally/helper/donator...

Also, from what I know, robbers can't ask for jewels and kill you+your steed if you don't have any or have those hidden under your cap. They can ask you to remove your cap etc, but they can't kill you if you comply and they can't prove you have something they want without killing you.

7) Use the forementioned for your advantage if you feel like it
Rauno

Post by Rauno »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote: Also, from what I know, robbers can't ask for jewels and kill you+your steed if you don't have any or have those hidden under your cap. They can ask you to remove your cap etc, but they can't kill you if you comply and they can't prove you have something they want without killing you.
it did happen
Rauno (tamer)

Simmo

Post by Simmo »

If you think the robbery was illegal (which it was not, victims were halted but they still ran) just contact gamemasters, making it a public spectacle is just nonsense.
Rauno

Post by Rauno »

it happened with Anzelika. he didnt run!
but i dont remember if he lost anything. i was dead with everezt next to him when it happened.
Rauno (tamer)

Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Why can't all character classes have at least 40 snooping (NOT stealing, just snooping, in case they'd want to be robbers) to see backpacks? We all have tracking for example, anyway. Snooping would be very important for robbing, which has always existed, and in theory any class, even merchants, can be robbers (long ago Pangaea had an alchemist robber).
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

James Blackburn wrote:
Gorath Blackmind wrote:How the hell can you whine now that there's 4 robbers on the whole shard? Back in the day there were more players, sure, but also a ton of robbers, WORSE robbers and even guilds made solely to kick your noob ass. I got robbed quite a few times before I learned to avoid them as best as I could. Learned to know the guys who rob, got together with some people rather than hunting alone, the use of invisi pots and other goodies, and so on. Now we have it easy. Of course it sucks to lose you gear and get killed, but as stated before, it's ALWAYS been a part of the game. If there was no possibility of ever getting killed, why the hell even play the game? For the breath-taking risk of dying to a monster?
It has not been part of game for last 3 or 4 years, just saying
Then you've had it way too easy, there's no pang without robbers.