PoGo

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Kira

PoGo

Post by Kira »

This shit is addictive as fuck since the release the servers have had it rough though lol but managed to get from lvl10-13 today lol 37/150 so far xD
Birds Nest: 364-322-303
-The Shani Family-
Boern

Re: PoGo

Post by Boern »

Man, I had already bought my Ash Ketchum hat and fingerless gloves, practiced my post-pokemon-catch moves, and was ready to be the very best, when I was told that my ancient relic of a phone wouldn't support the game.

But it's cool to see augmented reality stuff getting so much interest. A park where I usually go for lunch is always packed with people, young and old, with phones glued to their hands. They seem to be having a good time too, those bastards. I feel like I'm missing out.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

36/150 only Lvl 10, started few days ago since the hype was so big that I had to start testing it out. Didn't expect it to get this popular.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

I haven't installed the game and i suppose i never will. But I have a friend who plays the game. How are people supposed to have the time and the will to walk/run a lot to train their pokemon (apparently this is how it's done) and to always be on the lookout for new pokemon with the app turned on so that they can see in every possible place if something pops up? People are getting crazy, that's what. The game has a lot of potential, even more so if they don't make it such a grind to find/train pokemon and enhance the multiplayer aspect of it a lot, with the gyms and teams and stuff..
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

What I've gathered so far you can sit at home and find stuff and grow in level slowly, but once you run out of balls you've to go for walk for 2 hours or so to get more. There is no point even thinking of gym's and stuff until you're high level enough.

So in a nutshell, you don't have to move around more than once or twice a week for the pokeballs otherwise you can sit at home with phone in charger and wait for pokemon to appear. Once you're further in the game you can start bothering with gyms and stuff.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Don't they spawn randomly though? So it's highly unlikely you're gonna get a lot of pokemon just staying on a small area (your house)
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Glarundis wrote:Don't they spawn randomly though? So it's highly unlikely you're gonna get a lot of pokemon just staying on a small area (your house)
Depends, I usually get like 10-20 of them per day if I just keep the app open while at home. Sure you can get like 50 in few hours if you go and walk around.

Each you capture gives 100XP and if you catch something you've not caught before you get 500XP on top of that. lvl10 needs 45k total XP and lvl11 55K total XP as comparison.