-Edited- Discord

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Emirien

-Edited- Discord

Post by Emirien »

Vulcan made a discord

https://discord.gg/MuWVnPu
Last edited by Emirien on Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ondoher

Re: Open Voice Comms for those who want to talk / argue :P

Post by Ondoher »

Actually a good voice chat/chatting program. In my opinion works better than teamspeak etc.
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Ondoher wrote:Actually a good voice chat/chatting program. In my opinion works better than teamspeak etc.

Join me! im so lonely all by my seeeeeeeeeelf *starts singing*
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Don't want to be, all by myself
Don't want to be, all by myself anymore.

Maybe I'll hop on, though I dislike Discord, I've used it and just don't like the design layout, shit seems overly complicated to just enable push to talk.

/minor rant and voice chat programs
Which as a side note, use push to talk people, no one wants to hear your keyboard tapping away or you mouse or you eating or your children screaming or your wife/gf screaming at you cause you spend too much time on the computers. If you can't be bothered to use Push to Talk, do some work to put in place a sound gate to block all sound below a specific volume. Can't tell you how many times I've raided in like WoW and how many people I've muted completely because they were to be blunt ducking douchebags and didn't want to take a few extra steps to make sure their annoyances weren't shared with 24-39 other people.

Be kind, cut out your annoying background noise best you can.
end of minor rant\
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Don't want to be, all by myself
Don't want to be, all by myself anymore.

Maybe I'll hop on, though I dislike Discord, I've used it and just don't like the design layout, shit seems overly complicated to just enable push to talk.

/minor rant and voice chat programs
Which as a side note, use push to talk people, no one wants to hear your keyboard tapping away or you mouse or you eating or your children screaming or your wife/gf screaming at you cause you spend too much time on the computers. If you can't be bothered to use Push to Talk, do some work to put in place a sound gate to block all sound below a specific volume. Can't tell you how many times I've raided in like WoW and how many people I've muted completely because they were to be blunt ducking douchebags and didn't want to take a few extra steps to make sure their annoyances weren't shared with 24-39 other people.

Be kind, cut out your annoying background noise best you can.
end of minor rant\
Stop ranting in silence, rant in voice! :P
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Maybe I'll hop on, though I dislike Discord, I've used it and just don't like the design layout, shit seems overly complicated to just enable push to talk.
Settings -> Voice -> Push to talk. How is that overly complicated?

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Quintoz wrote:
Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Maybe I'll hop on, though I dislike Discord, I've used it and just don't like the design layout, shit seems overly complicated to just enable push to talk.
Settings -> Voice -> Push to talk. How is that overly complicated?
Maybe it has changed I don't know, when i used it last it was still very much in what I would term beta, it was new on the scene and I just did not care much for it. I stopped using it and quite honestly have had little use for such a program since, I am still I guess living in the 1990s with my chat programs like icq :D
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
aldath c'om

Post by aldath c'om »

is there way to enable that push-to-talk for only one channel ?
291-697-526
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Should remove the need to add newly joined users to an assigned group for them to chat/interact, makes no sense to have it at all.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Emirien

Post by Emirien »

Been messing with roles, shouldnt need any roles to talk (at least in General). Pm me on discord if the problem is still around
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit