ICQ (or something else)

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Rosespell

ICQ (or something else)

Post by Rosespell »

Hello, I tried creating an account on ICQ, but it just won't work properly. It will send a code to the phone number, then it will auto-login once you insert the code. However, once logged in it won't give you any password - I assumed the code would be the password, but it's not. I retried with a new code, still won't work (except for the first "auto-login")

Anyone knows what's the deal with is, or if there's any other program I could use to contact people that use ICQ?
GM Oden

Re: ICQ (or something else)

Post by GM Oden »

Is the code a number?

When I created an icq acct a second time 7 years ago, I used my email address and a password, it then assigned me an ice number. In my case it is a 9 digit number which is not a password.

The number given is a UIN number as I recall which you either use as the login name or alternatively the username in my case my email address as the username and the password I used to log in.

If what you've been sent is a UIN number, it is not a password or one time authentication code. If you'd like pm me the number and I'll try to add you and check it against your username. The UIN is mainly used these days as an identifier for yourself to give to others so that they only have to put that in to add. Think of it as a phone number, where there are thousands of John Smiths, they each have a unique phone number.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Nowadays icq forces you to confirm your identity with a phone number
I whine, therefore I am
yuusou

Post by yuusou »

All y'all should just move on to discord.
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

yuusou wrote:All y'all should just move on to discord.
I'm on Discord, I'm also on Skype, ICQ and Signal.

Not everyone uses discord and I can understand why but I use four different chat clients to talk to different people some use one or the other.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Yea, Discord replaces the need for a forum, uoam (other then seeing others location) and ICQ.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat