Insults at discord

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Emirien

Re: Insults at discord

Post by Emirien »

Palma wrote:I havent gone on Pangaea's discord because I don't even want to get lured into replying to people who act the same way as 10 years ago.
But every day people come tell me about insults directed at me for no reason.

Care to elaborate, who has been talking shit directly towards you on the discord?
Palma wrote: Like saying im robbing nubs... Havent robbed anyone yet. All I did with Skrin so far is roleplay. I dont rob players that have that one gear. Like Ivan and co looting lance's below avg quality auropians and acuse me robbing noobs lol.
Saying you are robbing newbies? Do we even -have- any goddamn newbies anymore? I think that kinda solves itself, without newbies around, one cant rob newbies (not saying you did).

I would love to see all the players of pang on the discord so we can all have a place where we can talk and (sometimes) argue things out. Some people are set in their way of slandering and talkin crap, and alas, that is just the way it is.

Hopefully you'll join us on the discord one of em days :)
-Eric Shadowblade

688 831 885
-Brit
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Im shocked that the swedes insult people /sarcasm
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Gorath Blackmind wrote:Im shocked that the swedes insult people /sarcasm
If you read the topic you'd see it's the wannabe Swedes that are at fault this time.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Quintoz wrote:
Gorath Blackmind wrote:Im shocked that the swedes insult people /sarcasm
If you read the topic you'd see it's the wannabe Swedes that are at fault this time.
There's such a thing as wannabe swedes? Lord almighty!
GM Oden

Post by GM Oden »

As not a player, I will say this, you're perfectly welcome to remain out of discord but it does tend to be a helpful place for myself at least to gauge ideas even if Em took away my @everyone privilege.

I tend to look through discord channels I actually have access to, which are not all and look at the perceived insults being thrown around at everyone as either being made in jest or just blowing off steam. Nothing I have seen really appears to be intentional malice toward anyone.

I feel until that point is reached, I'm a firm believer in the freedom to say what you like when you like and yes that means the massively subjective language of "hate speech", no matter how uncomfortable words get you've the ability to ignore it just as I do and believe me I ignore a lot being a gun toting, second amendment loving, ultra conservative Trump voting supporter but the last thing we need is a sanitizing operation because someone is insulting someone else. Speech sanitization processes tend to actually hurt places more than help.

You can I believe actually ignore or silence those people in discord if things get to out of hand and I assure you there's a wide enough player base on discord that silencing a handful would not hurt your experience much.

Note - my two cents before this goes the way of banning highly subjective "hate speech" or more appropriately in this case "offending speech".
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill