THE MOST ZOMG'ish PICTURES FROM IG

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Edward Sinclair

Re: THE MOST ZOMG'ish PICTURES FROM IG

Post by Edward Sinclair »

I am expecting in typical Pangaea fashion for heighten classes to being nerfed because so many have heightened their chars.

But holy crap, 4 heighten characters?
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:Grats.

You know you can rename those sections or add a completely new one right? I generally rename the combat, actions and lore to primary, secondary, tertiary and add a fourth for penalty then sort skills out and all denied go in misc.

I'm sure you know this but figured I would mention it.
Im far too lazy to do that.
Edward Sinclair wrote:I am expecting in typical Pangaea fashion for heighten classes to being nerfed because so many have heightened their chars.

5 heightens :)
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Edward Sinclair wrote:I am expecting in typical Pangaea fashion for heighten classes to being nerfed because so many have heightened their chars.

it's still a great achievement by ivan, but you remember those old hardcore players that also had 5 heighten chars, not to mention a few ancients?immoc, jam rave, etc etc
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Ugh, Heighten.

Grats Ivan
632-140-419
Mulva

Post by Mulva »

Ivan

Post by Ivan »

The rule for to not stack over 20 animals within one screen, on a field or anywhere else has its reasons. In past when the shard was in worse condition loading over 20 animals could've caused lag and perhaps even crashes. I think it should've been completely clear for everyone with even slightest bit of common sense to ask, if this is illegal or not at the least and most of the counselors would've known the answer.

So I guess we now know why the shard at times was unplayable for the rest of us. Herding 400 sheep might certainly cause lag for whole shard.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Having trouble sleeping? Jebus 400 sheeps, that's a good amount of wool!
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Mulva

Post by Mulva »

Ivan wrote:So I guess we now know why the shard at times was unplayable for the rest of us. Herding 400 sheep might certainly cause lag for whole shard.
I hope you're right and everybody sees a big drop in lag today. I'm skeptical though. I never noticed any lag, even when standing in the middle of the herd.

Image Baa
Maeros Gouranga

Post by Maeros Gouranga »

Ivan wrote:The rule for to not stack over 20 animals within one screen, on a field or anywhere else has its reasons. In past when the shard was in worse condition loading over 20 animals could've caused lag and perhaps even crashes. I think it should've been completely clear for everyone with even slightest bit of common sense to ask, if this is illegal or not at the least and most of the counselors would've known the answer.

So I guess we now know why the shard at times was unplayable for the rest of us. Herding 400 sheep might certainly cause lag for whole shard.
What rule? It seems the rules on this and most subjects are inconsistent. Also the shard has been laggy to a point of being unplayable for years... Pretty sure the lag problem has little to do with this heard and more with network latency and client/server side issues. Although someone should really codify all the current rules.

Looking at the screenshot he was warned for not doing this on a plot of land he owned or is this not what the admin said? Also whose rule set are we using? This was perfectly legal under Boris, as long as it was not done inside the top floor of a house if I recall from my cow flock.

On a an unrelated point do consolers even answer questions anymore in game? I have asked several questions and never gotten a responses from the consoler team. It seems easier to get an admin to reply than the current consoler team.
-everyone is a subsidiary corporation to someone.
Ondoher

Post by Ondoher »

This thread is about ZOMG'ish pictures. Not the public place to rant about rules.