THE MOST ZOMG'ish PICTURES FROM IG

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Maeros Gouranga

Re: THE MOST ZOMG'ish PICTURES FROM IG

Post by Maeros Gouranga »

Ondoher wrote:This thread is about ZOMG'ish pictures. Not the public place to rant about rules.

Baa
-everyone is a subsidiary corporation to someone.
Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Well since its begun, I'll point out something with regards to some of the rules and hard mechanics we have.

Some of these are old and are a non issue to be honest, case in point, container item count was set in place to prevent the black hole effect. This was a bug in 4.x clients and earlier and no longer an issue in later clients like we're using today.

The animal count issue I suspect is of similar nature. I'll actually do some research on this.

In terms of rules and the ilk, if current staff want to review them and give me revisions or additions I'd be more than happy to go through and do the work on them, I'm already planning on fixing grammatical errors and rewording awkward sounding sentences or phrases which are translation issues no doubt.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman
Mulva

Post by Mulva »

Maeros Gouranga wrote:Baa
http://i.imgur.com/bW10Uwo.png
My herd's bigger than your herd.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

It is barely players responsibility to uphold rules and update them on sites, but if something seems even slightly dodgy or possibly illegal, you should ask about it.

EDIT: Also there are separated pages for counselors and GM's so make sure you page the right group of people, haven't seen a single unanswered couns page for a long while.
Maeros Gouranga

Post by Maeros Gouranga »

Ivan wrote:It is barely players responsibility to uphold rules and update them on sites, but if something seems even slightly dodgy or possibly illegal, you should ask about it.
I am trying to ask about it. I just remember Boris(or perhaps Dom?) saying this was legal to do as long as it was not in the upper level of a building, so I just wanted to get some clarification on the rules not argue.

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:
Well since its begun, I'll point out something with regards to some of the rules and hard mechanics we have.

Some of these are old and are a non issue to be honest, case in point, container item count was set in place to prevent the black hole effect. This was a bug in 4.x clients and earlier and no longer an issue in later clients like we're using today.

The animal count issue I suspect is of similar nature. I'll actually do some research on this.
Would be interested in seeing what comes out of this.

I remember rping a trade war when Kent Strider was HP of Imperial over a sheep flock years ago. (:
-everyone is a subsidiary corporation to someone.
Vulcan
Game Master

Post by Vulcan »

Cyrus Tegyr wrote:The animal count issue I suspect is of similar nature. I'll actually do some research on this.

In terms of rules and the ilk, if current staff want to review them and give me revisions or additions I'd be more than happy to go through and do the work on them, I'm already planning on fixing grammatical errors and rewording awkward sounding sentences or phrases which are translation issues no doubt.
Large amounts of mobs in very small areas still create lag and can crash the server. It's not so much a "if" as a "when".

Written rules on the website have always been dull. Most known rules have been known in the forum after specific events that forced staff, through the years, to create them. Perhaps we should indeed do a collection of all these unwritten rules and update the website.

Back to screenies now.
Bella Pious

Post by Bella Pious »

I can see why this is funny and on ZOMG'ish section lol.

But ... use common sense, i don't understand why one needs to bring up an official rule for this one. This is a RP shard, you simply cannot stack up 400 sheeps on a 3 tile isalnd. Not realistic and not logical. the only way it happens is because the game mechanism was ablused. Just because you can do it does not mean you should do it. On the game screen it shows 2 sheeps, but how in real an in-game character "see" 400 sheeps on that small place, right?

Even if you put a sheep on one tile on the bigger island as another example was shown, it is still not right. Against animal right. In reality those animal should die pretty soon, but because it is limited by in game mechanism, they will without a choice stand there. Do we really need a written rule to say what is and what is not, for cases like this?
Bella Pious, The Vet
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

On small islands, I agree. But on fields, people should be able to have some good amount of animals. I know they're not gonna be allowed to, because of shard lag, but if it wasn't for that, they should be. I mean, there's no other way to gather certain materials in big quantities. Or maybe those materials are not meant to be gathered in big quantities, who knows...Milk,wool...invaluable stuff!
Mulva

Post by Mulva »

Bella Pious wrote:This is a RP shard, you simply cannot stack up 400 sheeps on a 3 tile isalnd. Not realistic and not logical.
Sheep naturally organize into stacks IRL.

Cyrus Tegyr

Post by Cyrus Tegyr »

Not sure how "ZOMG'ish" this is but it's something to prove how little life I have if you guys actually need anymore evidence of that.

Legendary Scribe

Sadly had to use a book to get that 0.1 to push me over the edge cause I was getting annoyed with the time it was taking to get that final 0.1.
The black market was a way of getting around government controls. It was a way of enabling the free market to work. It was a way of opening up, enabling people. - Milton Friedman