last Straw.

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Quintoz

Re: last Straw.

Post by Quintoz »

Your right that he dosen't differ on IG and RL, since he contiously harrested me IG and when I finally got a chance to log on out, he keeps going on icq, for a good hour off to with offensive words and capslock, very annoying.

Easy to ignore but still, most players who dosen't like me can keep it to themselves and not flame me on icq :).

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Kenyon Ahearn

Post by Kenyon Ahearn »

I've had abusive messages on ICQ too, he has a habit of blaming/targetting individuals with foul language. I wouldn't care if I had done something to annoyed him or was guilty, but he does it to me all the time for nothing AND is breaking so many rules that I'm starting to think, what's the point of playing if the playerbase is full of morons and pyschopaths. I have been studying all year in my last year of college, and now I'm working full time for the summer to save up for University, I Don't expect to come home (when I want to relax and play abit of UO/or even long my ICQ to chat) and read all the crap he is causing on ICQ/MSN/PM'ing/IG.

It's becoming a joke, But I find it more annoying when people are ignorant to the things that are making the atmosphere sour. I would have usually confided in using PM'ing, but it's an endless game with Mota and other people who don't want to stop arguing, and allowing players to discuss other players is vital to vent built up anger and frustration. It's an injustice to all the innocent players playing if the staff allow this man to continue playing on this shard.

In conclusion, the shard would be a better place if the staff took a harsher approach to the rulebreakers, without attacthed emotions. Hell, if I was a member of staff, the things I see ingame would be highlighted and punished. It's a freegame, an old shard but the community is important, neglecting certain aesthetical features of the game due to its age is fine, but neglecting the community isn't.

If I do get jailed then fine, since I have vented alot out on this thread, but this guy is my Number One annoyance, with a couple who stick up for him following closley behind. I don't think I'm alone in my opinions and views of Mota. Correct me if you feel the need to.

Edit: apologies for any Sp. mistakes.

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter.
Uzriel Raven

Post by Uzriel Raven »

I believe we've all had to deal with Mota's antics at some time, I WANT to feel sorry for the guy, because there's obviously something wrong with his personality. He never learns from his past mistakes, I've had to deal with him on two occasions, once for attacking a necromancer friend of mine, she was just lucky I was logged out at the inn right beside her. Since he was gray, I told him to either leave or die, he didn't leave. So, after killing his barbarian and looting his equipment so he wouldn't be able to bother anyone, he hopped onto his monk for some great metagaming. That time he killed my steed, so I killed him. This however was many months ago, so he hasn't learned anything at all, always causing someone grief.

Why is the staff looking away from this guy? I promise you if I had behaved in such a childish manner, I would have got the all mighty ban hammer, without question. It's not as if it's a one time deal, he's done it again, again, again, once more, and then keeps on doing it. No one should ever be bothered like that on icq(or any other form of communication). I've harbored an intense loathing for some people, but I don't go out of my way to make them feel like crap, on the forums or through some form of instant chat.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

I consider Mota a friend, there are many people that play on here that I consider such, but it has nothing to do with the game.

But Mota, you took it too far this time. It's not our responsibility to go around and "saving people" from certain things. If he's using area damage songs in town, report him to Law. Regardless of the bad stuff between you and Icewind, he's still a half-decent fellow so if you told him what was going on, I guarantee he would do something about it. It's a simple message: "Jon, someone is using damage songs at the inn and it's kiling/hurting people" close the conversation, and say nothing more.

If someone is doing something against Shard Rules, not only should they NOT be posted on the boards for everyone to see, they should be dealt with privately through PM's. If the staff chooses not to do something, which wouldn't be the first time, then you go about your business.

But stuff like this shouldn't be posted on forums. If you can't deal with the person directly to get it resolved, how is posting it on here going to change anything except create a crap storm and comparative e-peen contests? It's so pointless to flame. Unless buddy lives down the street you can't make a visit and beat him like a red-headed stepchild, and no matter how clever your insults are, all someone has to do is write back "Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah. Boogers!" And the crap begins anew.

Sorry, Mota, you were wrong this time, pal.
Geryn Farodae

Post by Geryn Farodae »

Uzriel Raven wrote: Why is the staff looking away from this guy? I promise you if I had behaved in such a childish manner, I would have got the all mighty ban hammer, without question. It's not as if it's a one time deal, he's done it again, again, again, once more, and then keeps on doing it. No one should ever be bothered like that on icq(or any other form of communication). I've harbored an intense loathing for some people, but I don't go out of my way to make them feel like crap, on the forums or through some form of instant chat.
Since I've been jailed for less, I have to agree with you.
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Sounds so familiar. I wanted to contact a gm the otherday, for being verbally attacked all the f**king time. How does he even have the time to trashtalk about everyone? I so agree with Ken, Kent, Uriziel and even Geryn.
Tina Gex

Post by Tina Gex »

Kenyon Ahearn wrote:He makes me want to rage-quit in the belief that there's obvious player favouritism and the standards are just dropping. But hey! mota has always had a disorder.
This make me really pissed... If you have a problem with the staff, as i see you do, contact us instead of this bullshit...
We have never and will never get any playerfavouritsm, and if i see or hear anyone saying it again, i will personaly kick their ass to the other side of the world.

Alona - Pissed Co-Admin
Kent Strider

Post by Kent Strider »

Alona we are just wondering why Mota hasn't been caught yet I guess, when it in reality is extremely obvious.
Biggy

Post by Biggy »

Just do it now show them you mean it, if he said it about the Chinese gov he'd be hanging of the street lamps by now lol.
Biggy

Post by Biggy »

Kent Strider wrote:Alona we are just wondering why Mota hasn't been caught yet I guess, when it in reality is extremely obvious.
maybe they have checked and there's nothink wrong with this guy. Just maybe you guys are wrong, what then?