Confusion

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Ovinnik

Re: Confusion

Post by Ovinnik »

[ I figured I'd just re-post here what I posted on Law forum 2 days ago, when war officially started :). There are still some spelling mistakes, was a bit tired and sleepy when I was writing it, I already corrected few things, but probably there's more]

_________

*Lying on the bed in the Trinsic's local inn, and happy by the kind words of his headpriest, Diafan opens his diary and starts writing the battle report*

1. Day of battle
Today Imperials staged a smaller assault on the city of Trinsic from the southern city gate. Luckily enough me and our valorous headpriest Geryn were at the temple at that moment and were ready to help repeal the attack. The attacking forces consisted of Marcus, Imperial headpriest, with a massive horde of chaos guards. Imperial forces tried to get a hold of the gate there with a holy stone on the sandy floor right infront of the bridge outside of the gate. After a short discussion with our headpriest who tried to dissuade them from the bloodshed, the Imperials swung the first blows and began their assault. With skillful fighting we managed to push the attacking forces from the inner part of the city, as they reached already the Trinsic Fine Skins shop, all the way back to the gate. With an interdiction stone we guaranteed our position on the bridge and slowly pushed Marcus' attack forces out of the city with heavy fighting on the southern sand beach and also on the grasslands just west of there. Our foot soldiers and virtue guards fought bravely, while our headpriest charged and smited Marcus not once but twice, as he retreated for the moment being for a resurrection just to find his doom outside of the Trinsic gate yet again during the second wave of attack.

To be sure we disinterested the attackers we tried to follow their retreat, but lost any track of them, so we performed some patrolling operations near checkpoints between Trinsic and Minoc to make sure all threats are lifted. Everything was calm and as the moment seemed in our favor, Geryn our commander ordered a surprise attack versus the Imperial garrison in the city of Luna. We rushed through a conjured magical portal and approached the city of Luna from the southern side taking the enemy completely by surprise, which allowed us to push through the first city wall circle, the second one, and all up the way to the staircase of the Imperial temple and the inside hallways of the temple itself, where a massive and painful battle took place. The enemy defended the position quite well, also with the help of their only goddesses' emissary. I was badly injured myself right there by the enemy emissary, which with two heavy blows and the help of their headpriest managed to knock me off my steed unconscious, while Geryn finished the emissary off. Thanks to Geryn who brought me to the back line, helped me get to my senses and equipped me with an empirean foci I was able to give a last contribute to our offensive before we decided a strategical retreat to reorganize our efforts.

* after the report on the next page there is a post scriptum message *
Later tonight I got suddenly awoken by some persistent knocking on my inn room's door. As soon as I lighted a candle to lead my way to the door I heard quick steps running out of the Inn. I rushed to open the door but there was none in front of it, except by a neatly folded letter placed on the floor. Upon reading the letter I learned that Imperial forces striked again, this time at our temple killing all three of our emissaries. In disbelief I rushed to the temple just to find that it was true. I ordered our troops to check the surroundings, but noone was there anymore. The emissaries are now back on their feet, although badly shaken by the fierce Imperial sneak attack.

_________