how to increase player base?

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

KaneThun

Re: how to increase player base?

Post by KaneThun »

From my experience being robbed as a "newbie", it was an entirely civil, well-roleplayed event and I think is an important part of Pangaea/UO. I know that the other person who got robbed with me took it as a sign that they needed to get stronger so they could actually fight the robbers if it happened again. (I think both of us were just robbed of our weapons, nothing else).
when i was newbie i loved being robbed by Dyrial Bloodbane... i was like "FUCK MY MALACHIIIITEEEES". but only made me play more to get another ones
Edward Sinclair

Post by Edward Sinclair »

People respond differently, not everyone is a PvP or item monger. You may find robbing exciting, did you bother to ask those who didn't?
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

At the very least, provided the robbers are roleplaying well, even robberies provide nice opportunity to interact (4 evar alone).

In my opinion, one of the fundamental components of Pangaea (that I would suspect set is apart from other shards), is that is an rp shard with relatively un-restricted PvP. There are plenty of strict RP shards out there right no PvP and plenty of PvP shards. Few that I've come across that are able to get some semblance of balance between the two.

Edward, did you have a point to make? How do you respond to robberies? What do you think?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

xHarlequinx wrote:At the very least, provided the robbers are roleplaying well, even robberies provide nice opportunity to interact (4 evar alone).

if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to gather money to get regeared again, i think people wouldn't mind being robbed.
hey, atleast we'd get to interact with ppl, like harlequin is saying.

even in real life, if someone steals our cellphone we can buy another one.

why don't we add a rule where the robbers are forced to offer to sell back the items for 1/x of their value?

this way people wouldn't get so pissed when being robbed, robbers would still rob, robbers could still be rich (instead of items, which are just stored, they'd get gold, and atm telborea is already "trading" stolen items for gold) and there would be no need for all this hatred between players and need to fuck up reds in the ass in every possible opportunity because they fuck us in the ass when they can
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Glarundis wrote:why don't we add a rule where the robbers are forced to offer to sell back the items for 1/x of their value?
Has anyone even tried that? At least I can remember more than a few cases back in the day, when Nox sold back robbed items to their victims. Eventually it's much more profitable to the robbers.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
KaneThun

Post by KaneThun »

Has anyone even tried that? At least I can remember more than a few cases back in the day, when Nox sold back robbed items to their victims. Eventually it's much more profitable to the robbers.

- Boris
i can tell bop has given stuff back for free cuz it had "sentimental value" and the person talked cool.
but there are care that the hate is too much :arrow:
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I think that's one big problem at the moment: lack of communication.

How could we cure/fix that?

- Boris
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Might be or might be not something to do with the topic, but thought to let you know that there is the lot requested chat function coming to the new website.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Boris wrote:I think that's one big problem at the moment: lack of communication.

How could we cure/fix that?

- Boris
How about that ancient suggestion of remove the macroing ban from britain bank area? We all know that back in the day brit bank was the place where everyone traded and in general got to know other chars.
And while we're at it, perhaps a little incentive would be in order for people to return there...
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Dalton Azevedo wrote:How about that ancient suggestion of remove the macroing ban from britain bank area? We all know that back in the day brit bank was the place where everyone traded and in general got to know other chars.
And while we're at it, perhaps a little incentive would be in order for people to return there...
Welcome to 2012

- Boris