MMA (spoilers possible)

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Boris
Admin

Re: MMA

Post by Boris »

Pretty pumped up for Silva-Sonnen.

The rest of the card is so-so to me (Silva, Aldo, Bones and Big Country are pretty much the main attractions for me) but the ME should save the show. Don't see Silva losing the belt for 2-3 years, but clearly Sonnen's the #1 contender.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Sylvan Darkarrow

Post by Sylvan Darkarrow »

This is the best 148 promo you will see, it's fan made, but if you're into MMA it should give you chills: http://youtu.be/SZG0sNDa2JQ

Also, for those who are Sonnen obsessed, like myself: http://youtu.be/ttNnOBh6sGo. Good to watch whilst macroing.

As for the fight, it has to be the most exciting in the company's history. Chael will stomp him this time, I have no doubt.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Glarundis wrote:right.
how can some people even dare to say something bad about football?
unfortunately at the moment many act like sissies, but this is not a sport. this is bloodshed disguised.
before there were gladiators. now we have this

tell them to go play uo, it's better and they don't get serious injuries
Fighting IS the oldest sport the mankind knows, it's been done since we were apes.
I whine, therefore I am
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

it's about what can be called a sport then :P
what makes something a sport?
what makes something else not a sport?
Jon

Post by Jon »

I really hope Sonnen takes this one. Everyone called Sonnen out from the first fight also, still he owned four rounds of five. A. Silva has never been beated the shit out of him like that before. Last round, both tired - rare naked choke = INJUSTICE.

I'm not a huge Sonnen fan, he talks a shit of everybody for hyping the fights. I just have got tired of everybody thinking Anderson being a god in this sport. He's good but it's time to have a new champion.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Silva got beat up really bad, but didn't he fight like 4 rounds with a broken rib?

Oh well, we'll see wich one's the bigger man in a week or so.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

I am preaty sick of anderson silva winning every time.
Sonnen maybe a egoistic trash talker but he has my vote, after all he is wrestler and a good wrestler is strikers worst enemy...
Jon

Post by Jon »

Anderson is BJJ Black belt which is pretty much the biggest fear for the wrestlers. But yau thumbs up for Chael!
Andoriel

Post by Andoriel »

Glarundis wrote:right.
how can some people even dare to say something bad about football?
unfortunately at the moment many act like sissies, but this is not a sport. this is bloodshed disguised.
before there were gladiators. now we have this

tell them to go play uo, it's better and they don't get serious injuries
glar ufc fights doesnt happen every 3 weeks, people who gets injured in the fights have good amount of time to heal...and not every fighter fights in every event. Allso for most of the fighters ufc is a hobby. Such as most of them are merchants, police, football players, professional wrestlers, there is one guy who works for CIA version of brazil even ;) ect ect. MMA is their second profession. Soo unlike boxing, injuries are minimized in mma. Last but not least, stop being a god damn hippy! I hate hippies!
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Chael will be submitted in the 2nd is my prediction, after being rocked.

Just don't see him beating Silva, but of course I thought the same last time.