Random Thoughts

Discuss here anything you like to, but keep a proper tone

Moderator: Game Masters

Monad
Game Master

Re: Random Thoughts

Post by Monad »

Glarundis wrote: you said that the higgs particle is most likely figured out now, but i doubt it, otherwise it would probably come on the news?because atleast in portugal we even had a debate in national tv with some scientists and all because of all the fuss. like, a few weeks ago
There is lot of news about it, just google.
Fact is they have found new particle which is consistent with higgs boson, but they need more validation and confirmation until they can announce it to be the higgs boson for sure.
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Monad wrote:
Glarundis wrote: you said that the higgs particle is most likely figured out now, but i doubt it, otherwise it would probably come on the news?because atleast in portugal we even had a debate in national tv with some scientists and all because of all the fuss. like, a few weeks ago
There is lot of news about it, just google.
Fact is they have found new particle which is consistent with higgs boson, but they need more validation and confirmation until they can announce it to be the higgs boson for sure.
Released today: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19076355

"Now one Higgs-hunting team at the Large Hadron Collider report a '5.9 sigma' levels of certainty it exists.
That equates to a one-in-300 million chance that the Higgs does not exist and the results are statistical flukes."
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

yup, read it.
i need to check some other places to understand why is the boson of higgs required for particles to have matter, and how does it work?

is it like, the only particle in the universe that has matter is the boson of higgs, and every other particle simply "eats" a lot of those bosons?
so while for years we say that something has matter we should say that, it's something that has a lot of tiny particles called bosons of higgs which have, in their turn, matter.

i think it's something like this from a bit what I read, I just don't know if after this process the boson "joins" the other particle, or it simply gets annihilated and something even more different and smaller than the boson itself (the matter) becomes part of the other particle.

this is strange, because we don't even know why would particles have matter (or for that matter, why wouldn't particles have matter :D) but from what i read, the boson needs to exist (in the "pattern model" or whatever it's called in english) for particles to have matter, because everything else in that theory doesn't required particles to have matter. but we know that they do.

anyways, i'll be gone, will come back the 14th of august.

i'll leave a new discussion for people like timujin to talk about.

what would be better. to solve this financial problem (note, not the crisis, but the problem with the system itself, which, in some moments of history, manifests into crisis) by developing what we have, or to put a bomb in every bank that holds or produces money, currency, paper-money, whatever, you know what I mean, and to start from scratch with a total different system. central european bank and us federal reserve being a must to blow up :D

note: this new system doesn't necessarily have to be something opposed to capitalism (but but surely opposed to how capitalism is right now), it would just not be a financial-based economy as it is now.

so what do you prefer?bombs or no bombs? :P
Percy

Post by Percy »

Bombs...

Go back to ye olden days of olde... You have something I like, I wish to have it, so we swap for something you like of mine or I go out an accquire something you need.

Give everyone a purpose in life... Makes even idiots less idiotic because they'd do the boring mindless tasks that nobody else want, and be rich so to speak. The jobs we have now wouldn't go or anything like that... Make items currency not money.
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Mike

Post by Mike »

I think we should nationalize every countrys currency and string the international bankers up if we have to. Hungary showed the way. Give the nations back control over their money.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

and i'm back!
well, i have to somewhat agree with you on that one. atm it's someone else (those who own all the money) that rule the countries rather than the countries themselves. problem is, if we switch control from those guys to the state, won't it end up in the same (the states working as a private company themselves)?
Percy

Post by Percy »

Computers are more important than people...
Discuss!
Send any messages to this location;
635'288'825
Mike

Post by Mike »

Glarundis wrote:and i'm back!
well, i have to somewhat agree with you on that one. atm it's someone else (those who own all the money) that rule the countries rather than the countries themselves. problem is, if we switch control from those guys to the state, won't it end up in the same (the states working as a private company themselves)?
First off, those who hold power over the currency itself are much more powerful than those who simply have lots of money. Because the former decide how much the latter are really worth. By manipulation of the currency a national economy can be brought into a crisis.

Secondly, liberals tend to view the state as a business and as such I would understand the concern. Nationalist view the state as means of organizing the nation, i.e. the people, and it's in that context I believe the state should control the currency. A state hostile to the people would not be much better than an international banking organization, in fact they would be the same.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota