Chronicles theme and new forum mod

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Would you prefer to keep the Chronicles theme or install new mod?

Keep the Chronicles theme, I don't want karma mod
37%
Remove the Chronicles, I want karma mod
63%

Total votes: 38

Tyrion

Re: Chronicles theme and new forum mod

Post by Tyrion »

Monad wrote:It's not about installing new skin guys, it's about installing a new mod which allow the users to rate posts. We believe it would be nice and fun addition and hopefully also increase the quality of the forum posts.
OMG yes. I was curious about starting a discussion that covered a topic of improving our forum standards so that trolls can be discredited publicaly.
Irming

Post by Irming »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Does someone use Chronicles?!

Wow, subsilver user here.
47 Users are using the subsilver theme, rest !!!!! are using chronicles.... So its almost everyone that is using chronicles

Irming
ICQ 14 38 98 12
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Tyrion wrote:
Monad wrote:It's not about installing new skin guys, it's about installing a new mod which allow the users to rate posts. We believe it would be nice and fun addition and hopefully also increase the quality of the forum posts.
OMG yes. I was curious about starting a discussion that covered a topic of improving our forum standards so that trolls can be discredited publicaly.
Hell yeah, I'd love to have that feature on this forum
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

So I have a friend who doesn't understand what would change.

Could you explain to him what would be done here? Would the old parchment looking theme stay, but a rating/rep system would be implemented? You know, for my friend...
632-140-419
Masano

Post by Masano »

Old parchment lookin theme would be gone totally just so we can rate peoples comments using a mod. You know.. because its impossible to write whether you agree with something or not. There definately wont be groups of people that consistently downrate others posts because they dont like them, nothing like that could ever happen on pang.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Monad wrote:- karma could be disabled too for those who don't want it to be shown
It's an attempt at cleaning up the mostly shitty attitudes people take towards eachother and encourage a more friendly atmosphere.. After flaming, spamming and whining a few times and seeing how much people dislike that, you might think just 5 seconds longer next time. It's not a popularity contest, so stop being so passive-aggressive and negative.
Last edited by Ares on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

If its possible, i'm with it.
Masano

Post by Masano »

Everybody already knows what is disliked, it doesnt stop them from doing it and if anything it encourages some people. Im not trying to be a smartass but im surprised that staff think that this isnt going to cause any problems.

Edit: Didnt read that karma could be disabled so guess it isnt too bad. Still would suck to lose chronicles.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Masano wrote: Still would suck to lose chronicles.
I agree. I hate subsilver. There's something nostalgic about Chronicles, never used anything else.

We would like to try it out. If it blows, or makes no difference we'll remove it again.