Current Pangaea

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Pangnam style - Good or not?

Its great!
45%
Could be better if ... [State your opinion]
39%
I hate pang, i hate myself and everything around me!
9%
Pangaea is bad, with some exceptions... [State the facts]
7%

Total votes: 44

Boris
Admin

Re: Current Pangaea

Post by Boris »

My opinion is still the same as 2 years ago. There should be 1 land and 2 religions.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boris wrote:My opinion is still the same as 2 years ago. There should be 1 land and 2 religions.

- Boris
+1

Though like you planned Pangaea 2 would be my choice. Two kingdoms and two religions (Felucca-Law Malas-Imperial)
Then non-faction dudes.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Two lands is too big for the playerbase.

Simply one land, two religions. If the playerbase rises, open more land, open more religions.

- Boris
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boris wrote:Two lands is too big for the playerbase.

Simply one land, two religions. If the playerbase rises, open more land, open more religions.

- Boris
Then it would work like the current one aye? Imperial got all the islands and Law mainland and then the players would decide who gets what with the siege system.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Pretty much, yeap. Except the tomes of the 2 religions would have the be identical.

- Boris
Nymphea

Post by Nymphea »

There already is two religions on one land: Lawture and Impstone
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

It's Great! I wish I had two options.

Could be better if:

More quests, (We should have 1 GM dedicated to making quests while the others work on the matters of the shard, like once a week or something, Come on!!)

More players, (this is a tough one because games like GOW2, Skyrim, Dishonored and LoL are out there, although if you look at the numbers a lot of people play UO. They just haven't discovered Pangaea, and it's their loss!)

PVP now, (Veritas, Malleus, Quirataro.... I think all these should have a longer casting (Like swarm) except Malleus since Law is supposed to lay the smack down on reds and need to hold some advantage over everyone, should remain as it is. I think PVP would be much more fun if there was more physical hits)

% of PVP and PVM, to be balanced...Pangaea is turning to a PVP RP shard (and it's fun but gets excessive)

Make Doom a safe dungeon to hunt in and have the players pay 100k all at once with no 1 mil cap. (More players go, the less loot for each, but the 100k can turn to 300-400k for each player)

Siege system, (It's a great thing it's just too easy to abuse. You can wait for there to be 5 players on and then call up all your buddies and siege a town effortlessly. I think if we implement that you can only siege when there is a player base of over 30 online at that time then it should allow it, if it falls down by then it should just continue the siege)

All the players here can be the change they want in the shard, so if you don't see RP stories, write your own, if you don't know what to write anything about then try writing about the happenings of your day in game, or some goals you may want to set. Pangaea is a great a game and it also has a great staff.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

why should law have advantage over other religions in pvp?
and why should people have to wait for other random people to log in so they can siege?

apart from that i agree 100% with you
Ares

Post by Ares »

Glarundis wrote:why should law have advantage over other religions in pvp?
To make sure most of the world is accessable to other players. It's not that hard to understand why it's a bad thing to have red players (and guards) everywhere. To make sure newbies don't get ganked etc. There are lots of players who don't like PvP as well (I really disliked PvP as a player).

You can argue that if this and that is changed or if only yada yada, but that's not how things are right now. In the current system, Law needs a slight advantage. And let's drop the discussion here Glaurundis, no more debates about religions and PvP, just stick to the topic.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I think we all agree that there should be more events and quests. After Ares was promoted as a scripter, he's been stuck with me in developing and that eats most/both of our time. Hopefully we can find a new guy that'll fit the group and cover for quests and events - as our hands are currently full.

Otherwise Pangaea is a great product. Every game has its problems and so do we, but Pangaea isn't just a game. You don't play one game for 10 years. It's something greater and we should advertise the game to bigger and better circles. If you check the most popular shards on UO TOP200, they're all bad. Their product and concept is light years away from Pangaea. It's clear that PK shards will always over-ride RP shards - but still I consider Pangaea very under-rated. It's been an institution for a small group of people for a long time and will continue to be one - but nothing changes the fact that Pangaea (as a product) is more than a game. It's something greater and something you can't explain to your friends, who are not familiar with it.

"What are you playing?"
"It's Pang, brah."
"Looks cool. What are you doing?"
"I've been identyfing this carrot for 100 hours."
"Errrh.... sounds... fun..."

You just can't explain it.

- Boris