Salvation change

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How you'd wish to change the salvation?

Murdercounts older than 1000 days excluded from the punishment
9%
Murdercounts older than 360 days excluded from the punishment
37%
Salvation removes all previous marks (so you don't have to pay twice for the same murdercount if you go red -> blue -> red -> blue)
51%
No change
2%

Total votes: 43

Boris
Admin

Re: Salvation change

Post by Boris »

Number two is a trap, but you can always dream.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Demian

Post by Demian »

I voted for option 2. But 1 and 3 combined would be my choice if that's possible.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Generally 1 is plausible, but a combo has no chance. Either way; the marks stick or they're removed.

If you're looking for a fresh and new start, 3 is the only option. Otherwise your past will always follow you.

- Boris
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

Boris wrote:Generally 1 is plausible, but a combo has no chance. - Boris
hmm could 3 at least be retroactive i.e. for those characters who had red marks salvated or forgiven from them but then did another kill and the all there old MC's added on again (i have no idea if thats even possible script wise)

it makes sense to have both as it will encourage new players to come back to the shard short term (hopefully) for 1 or 2, and will mean better rp system in the future for 3 ?
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Well Option 2 actually makes option 3 unnecessary. This why if the combo isn't possible, I'd go for option 2 alone.

If you have old kills, you don't have to pay for them. If you have fresh kills, you pay the crime and then turn blue. Even if your next kill marks you red again, next time you seek for salvation it might cost you only 30k if you've been blue for a long time already: the marks you paid for last time might have decayed already. Unless of course you go from red to blue and instantly back to red.

An example, Bob killed 6 guys in the past year. His last kill is 6 months old and every other is one kill per month. He will now get a salvation and pay for 180k. After 4 more months he accidentally kills again and is turned red. Now his first 4 kills have already decayed due to being over 12 months old. This mean he only have to pay for 2 older kills and this new fresh one totaling in 90k gold. Should he do another mistake after another 4 months, his older kills have decayed again and he only have to pay 60k (The fresh kill and the kill 4 months ago). So yes, he might have to pay some kills double, but eventually they will decay and he won't always have to pay for the same crime.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Well Option 2 actually makes option 3 unnecessary. This why if the combo isn't possible, I'd go for option 2 alone.

That!
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

1000d can be considered, but a year is way too early.

- Boris
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

But what happened to the "Murdercounts from characters that do not exist anymore are not counted" possibility?
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Boris wrote:1000d can be considered, but a year is way too early.

- Boris
It's a game. Dude. We're here to have fun. If someone has stopped killing players and wants to try something else, let him do that without making it retarded.

500 days should be the absolute max.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Boris wrote:1000d can be considered, but a year is way too early.

- Boris
It's a game. Dude. We're here to have fun. If someone has stopped killing players and wants to try something else, let him do that without making it retarded.

500 days should be the absolute max.
That! Fun!

People have a hard life as red, they shouldn't have hard life getting back to blue imo.

"Man, I thought being red was easier, ima go back to blue"