Two Religions - 1 Land

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Two Religions - 1 Land

Yes
49%
No
26%
Maybe
17%
Don't care
4%
I got my own opinion
4%

Total votes: 53

Johnny Walac

Two Religions - 1 Land

Post by Johnny Walac »

Just curious to see what the playerbase think. Just a poll poll to see some numbers.

Yes - Would bring players together and create more player interaction
No - Keeps the 4 religions and the players spread out
Maybe - Maybe
Don't care - Don't care
I got my own idea - You got your own idea

My opinion is still the same as 2 years ago. There should be 1 land and 2 religions.

Simply one land, two religions. If the playerbase rises, open more land, open more religions.
Vaux27

Re: Two Religions - 1 Land

Post by Vaux27 »

I'm in the maybe category, as I enjoy the nostalgia of the 4 religions. It would be pretty exciting to see 2 religions PvP though, but the lag...oh god the lag...
632-140-419
Biao

Post by Biao »

Pretty much, yeap. Except the tomes of the 2 religions would have the be identical.
this too please. 2 religions with similar tomes... or at least balanced..
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Boris wrote:Pretty much, yeap. Except the tomes of the 2 religions would have the be identical.

- Boris

I voted Yes. The above comment is a good point. It would mean the players would shape the world purely out of their skills. The better team would win battles, those with tactics and skills would matter. And if the GM's would give the players more control of the religion it would mean huge political plays amongst the guilds that wish to support either side etc. The tomes would be equal which means the players can help decide what to be in them as they would be global. PvM rites, PvP rites and RP rites.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

The good effects have been outlined pretty well.

The bad side is less autonomy. There's less freedom of association and -roleplay if there are two large religions rather than four smaller ones.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Masano

Post by Masano »

There are OOC complications as well such as how is it decided who joins what religion from which ever two are deleted? Or would it be that you could just choose? i.e What if 90%of Teks and nature wanted to join only Imperial.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Might start to think on balancing all the tomes properly for PvP/PvM/RP - i mean properly.

Altough, you're right that 2 religions would bring people together but i wouldn't want to think what would be happening with the timezone differences/unbalanced count of members in either side.

It's just..going to get too ugly and inhumane if we look at how our playerbase thinks currently.
And no, i still think religions should just have PvP/RP rites not PvM oriented rites, it's just not fair for the non-religious classes and nobody really enjoys playing them since a religious character does everything 3x faster and 5x cheaper - That's not balance if you ask me.

Pending my vote, waiting to see more discussions on this matter/idea/suggestion.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Masano wrote:There are OOC complications as well such as how is it decided who joins what religion from which ever two are deleted? Or would it be that you could just choose? i.e What if 90%of Teks and nature wanted to join only Imperial.
The most logical thing now would be:

Tekstone to Imperial
Nature to Law.

But in the end it's like when Tekstone was deleted for the first time. The players choose and get their piety in the choosen religion.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Zaradon wrote: And no, i still think religions should just have PvP/RP rites not PvM oriented rites, it's just not fair for the non-religious classes and nobody really enjoys playing them since a religious character does everything 3x faster and 5x cheaper - That's not balance if you ask me.
+1000 to this imo

now, i wouldn't mind 2 religions 1 land for the pvp purpose.
however, it will kill roleplay, and especially, pangaea roleplay.
or is this just a hypothetic poll that would never happen in pangaea?
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Glarundis wrote: or is this just a hypothetic poll that would never happen in pangaea?
It's just me Johnny being curious what the playerbase thinks.
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2