Two Religions - 1 Land

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Two Religions - 1 Land

Yes
49%
No
26%
Maybe
17%
Don't care
4%
I got my own opinion
4%

Total votes: 53

Daren Priesten

Re: Two Religions - 1 Land

Post by Daren Priesten »

The Order of Blackthorne

The Order of Winchester

I kinda like it because of the player base to be honest
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Blackthorne isn't our god

so either:

The Order of Esuna

The Order of Winchester

or

The Order of Blackthorne

The Order of Lord British
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I'd love to see two religions, but I'd hate to see Tekstone and Nature deleted. Not because I'm in one, but because Dennac and Gaea have had the greatest role in the RP of the whole world. Deleting them makes no sense.

I'd rather see Nature and Tekstone being the only religions. They don't struggle for power or kingdom, they fight against each other in the shadows whereas towns belong to the kings, mayors and guilds.

Having guilds run the towns would also make PvP more than just religion vs religion. Religion would not be the "main" and "only" thing.

If we have only Imperial and Law, then the PvP is again only religion vs religion.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Darian Darkmind wrote:I'd love to see two religions, but I'd hate to see Tekstone and Nature deleted. Not because I'm in one, but because Dennac and Gaea have had the greatest role in the RP of the whole world. Deleting them makes no sense.

I'd rather see Nature and Tekstone being the only religions. They don't struggle for power or kingdom, they fight against each other in the shadows whereas towns belong to the kings, mayors and guilds.

Having guilds run the towns would also make PvP more than just religion vs religion. Religion would not be the "main" and "only" thing.

If we have only Imperial and Law, then the PvP is again only religion vs religion.
Guilds are powerless against religions with the exception of sacrifice, and that won't last for long.

Maybe I misunderstood your idea. If religions were taken out of the political sphere and would just fight each other, the idea would work.
Last edited by Mike on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Masano

Post by Masano »

Do I agree with Darian? :shock: I think that could actually be really good providing there is a working mayor system and there are rules against religions participating in town sieges otherwise every guild would have some religious backing and itd be the same as it is now.

edit: Would be even better if religions would be fighting for something of 'greater importance' than towns so they arnt bored with nothing to fight for. Maybe even something like Darian posted about the changes in the world i.e always dark ect, blood and that kinda thing if Tekstone were on top.
Biao

Post by Biao »

imo forging nature and laws would bring something new up.
same as tekimp would bring something new.

some rped thing like a new god forged by the united of them. :D
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Mike wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:I'd love to see two religions, but I'd hate to see Tekstone and Nature deleted. Not because I'm in one, but because Dennac and Gaea have had the greatest role in the RP of the whole world. Deleting them makes no sense.

Guilds are powerless against religions with the exception of sacrifice, and that won't last for long.

Maybe I misunderstood your idea. If religions were taken out of the political sphere and would just fight each other, the idea would work.
I meant it would be only Nature and Tekstone and neither would try to build a religion. Both fight against each other. Regular players and guilds would run the kingdom and fight for the land where as we fight for the faith of people.

Right now we have Lord British and Lord Blackthorne and two kingdoms at war, still it is the RELIGIONS (Law and Imperial) that fight the war, not the kings and their armies itself. This is what I'd change. Sure the guilds running the towns and kingdoms could pledge loyalty to either Dennac or Gaea in hope to receive their blessing, but the religions themself would not care for wealth or material possessions and as such are a rare sight in the fights between the kingdoms. They are busy handling each other and don't care about plans of men because they all know kingdoms raise and fall, men are born and die, yet the gods are eternal and beyond any of us.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Interesting idea but not sure if it would work. There must always be a group sworn to protect our newbies. Unless you spawn in Britain that got an NPC Mayor. And the rest of the cities are player-run by player-mayors. Guilds unite to control several cities under their name. A few cities keep to themself by some other guild. Politics and fights would occur between the guilds. Could be fun.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Mike

Post by Mike »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Mike wrote:

I meant it would be only Nature and Tekstone and neither would try to build a religion. Both fight against each other. Regular players and guilds would run the kingdom and fight for the land where as we fight for the faith of people.

Right now we have Lord British and Lord Blackthorne and two kingdoms at war, still it is the RELIGIONS (Law and Imperial) that fight the war, not the kings and their armies itself. This is what I'd change. Sure the guilds running the towns and kingdoms could pledge loyalty to either Dennac or Gaea in hope to receive their blessing, but the religions themself would not care for wealth or material possessions and as such are a rare sight in the fights between the kingdoms. They are busy handling each other and don't care about plans of men because they all know kingdoms raise and fall, men are born and die, yet the gods are eternal and beyond any of us.
Take that out and you've got something. If religious characters got piety dropped for intervening in mortal conflict the system could work, otherwise it would be the same old Pang system.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Sure the guilds running the towns and kingdoms could pledge loyalty to either Dennac or Gaea in hope to receive their blessing,
Take that out and you've got something. If religious characters got piety dropped for intervening in mortal conflict the system could work, otherwise it would be the same old Pang system.
+1
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2