Veritas/Malleus/Keening mana consumption

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Boost the mana consumption?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 45

Monad
Game Master

Veritas/Malleus/Keening mana consumption

Post by Monad »

Suggestions:
  • Veritas mana consumption from 30 to 50.
  • Malleus mana consumption from 10 to 30.
  • Keening mana consumptions from 10 to 30.
Reasons:
  • 1) Reduce the rite spamming oriented fights
    2) Increase the melee oriented fights
    3) Make the fights last longer
    4) Make the fights more even
    5) Make the rites more tactical tool instead spamming tool, but still not make them useless
Johnny Walac

Re: Veritas/Malleus/Keening mana consumption

Post by Johnny Walac »

It's hard to mess around with the main PvP rites as they are not global.
I say remove Keening and Malleus from Pangaea and make Veritas global with increased mana consumption.

It's a yes from me anyway.
Bipina Huntley

Post by Bipina Huntley »

+1 to idea.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I don't completely agree with the suggestion(s), but I agree on the idea.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

It would change the Law/Nature attacks to be a little bit shorter. Rush in, veritas 2-3x (Mana regen and quick meditation in between) per priest, run out. A group of 4-5 priests would still continue to use veritas, this time their attacks would only be faster.

It won't make it more melee oriented no matter how much you'd like it to happen for as long as such ritual exists in its current form and is BETTER than melee. Only when melee becomes a solid and better option in most cases, will people actually start using melee. Veritas should be a ritual only casted once you or your friends are in a "bad" situation - such as a friend dies or something like that.

Keening and malleus should only be used as a "finishing" move to take down someone who is running away in low health.

My suggestion:

•Veritas mana consumption from 35 to 100
•Malleus mana consumption from 10 to 50
•Keening mana consumptions from 10 to 50

This would put a straight up end to veritas/malleus/keening spam. If this is done there's no need for any of the new LOS checks either since these rituals would only be used as a backup.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

stop thinking of pvp only, veritas will have no use in pvm with 50 mana..worse with 100..
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Jorgen wrote:stop thinking of pvp only, veritas will have no use in pvm with 50 mana..worse with 100..
Im with Jorgen. You will just make the rites useless :lol:
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Point being for me is that even if we had only basic rites - it would be enough for Priests/Knights/Rangers.

Where that leaves Monks is the question. So in order for this idea to work and if they would take a hit - we could fix the class more religion (100 med), combat (100 healing) or magic (85 eval) oriented.
Jorgen wrote:stop thinking of pvp only, veritas will have no use in pvm with 50 mana..worse with 100..
No real loss there. It just evens religion vs. guild PvM. That can also be balanced out with bigger loot, if time vs. effort do not meet.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Boris pretty much said what I was about to write. Religions don't need rituals in PvM.

Out of my personal experience Tekstone has never had veritas in PvM and we've done fine. We did fine the first 5-6 years even when we had zero valid PvM rituals - before swarm was boosted. Of course the rituals help, but they aren't necessary for hunting. We've always relied mostly on our blesses and if we can do it, you can do it. When I was in Law we laughed at how easy the veritas/malleus spam was. Because of that it was finally nerfed not to work against "big monsters" anymore so losing veritas or malleus in PvM altogether is a small loss.

This is pretty much the problem when you give someone all the tools he need in all and any situations, things get easy and smooth for him and if he one day finds himself without a necessary tool, he panics and don't know what to do... when in fact he still has plenty of tools that can be adjusted to do the same work.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

Well, the idea is to nerf the usage of veritas/malleus in pvp, but imo it will only reduce natures' and tekstones' usage since imp and law got their aura. that 10-30 and 35-55 won't affect it that much, it will only make lines of attack quicker, as Darian mentioned. And the idea to boost the mana to 100 per veritas is kinda retarded..at least make it squelch all enemy religions and last more..
Philip Azevedo:
na dude, fu*k uni... that shit wont lead you anywhere
pang on the otherhand....