Veritas/Malleus/Keening mana consumption

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Boost the mana consumption?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 45

Darian Darkmind

Re: Veritas/Malleus/Keening mana consumption

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Vaux27 wrote:Here is what increasing Veritas mana consumption does to Imperial.

- Makes our only offensive rite useless
- Makes our newly acquired Mana Vault useless
- Makes our only offensive PvM rite useless

This is a hard no from Imperial unless changes come to the tome, big ones.

Here is the deal, we already have a weak tome with Veritas being our main spammed rite. Making it harder to cast would only make us worse tactically.
What you failed to see is that Malleus and Veritas would be nerfed from Law as well, veritas from Nature and keening from Tekstone. This makes all of us closer to equal. Both of you would still have guards and solitude to give you an edge in towns. All this does is stop all religions from spamming these OP rituals anymore.

It might sound like a big nerf, but it isn't since it hits ALL OF US equally. The fact is, when it's nerfed for all of us, none of us can spam it anymore. Because we can't spam it, none of us would have to, or even could rely on it anymore. The fact is if Lawture didn't spam veritas all the time, Imperial wouldn't have to spam it all the time either and vica versa. If Law didn't spam veritas all the time, Tekstone wouldn't need to spam keening since we could go near and hit them with melee instead.

When it's more melee oriented, it's all about your personal skills and not just your macros for one button. Veritas, malleus and keening would soon find its place as a tactical tool casted when needed to, not relied completely upon.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Imperial guards can only be used on our islands which makes them practically useless, and solitude, yesterday was the first time in months that I have even used that rite. No one goes to glow often for same reason no one goes to britain. Thus it hurts imperial and especially the monks since they fail veritas alot with 85 med as it is.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
What you failed to see is that Malleus and Veritas would be nerfed from Law as well, veritas from Nature and keening from Tekstone.
No, I did not fail to see that. I do not care if it nerfs others, we can not accept a nerf when our rites are already not up to par. We do not have Malleus or Keening, so this does nothing but hurt us. Do you not see that?
Darian Darkmind wrote:This makes all of us closer to equal. Both of you would still have guards and solitude to give you an edge in towns. All this does is stop all religions from spamming these OP rituals anymore.
No, it will never be equal. As I think that's the fair thing, you've been screaming for equality for years. It won't happen DD, they've made it clear. Law will always have the advantage one way or another.
Darian Darkmind wrote:It might sound like a big nerf, but it isn't since it hits ALL OF US equally.

We're not equal once again, we dont' have Malleus or Keening. Hurting our veritas makes it less likely we keep you from malleus and keening. 30 to 55 is a huge change, 10 to 30 is not.
Darian Darkmind wrote:The fact is, when it's nerfed for all of us, none of us can spam it anymore. Because we can't spam it, none of us would have to, or even could rely on it anymore. The fact is if Lawture didn't spam veritas all the time, Imperial wouldn't have to spam it all the time either and vica versa. If Law didn't spam veritas all the time, Tekstone wouldn't need to spam keening since we could go near and hit them with melee instead.
30 is still spam-able, take it up to 55 with veritas then see if it's spam-able.
Darian Darkmind wrote:When it's more melee oriented, it's all about your personal skills and not just your macros for one button. Veritas, malleus and keening would soon find its place as a tactical tool casted when needed to, not relied completely upon.

Yes, we get it. Tekstone wants it to be more about skills. It's not about skills anymore though, it's about connection speed. One word is: 3D. We won't discuss that, but your opinions are highly biased and your walls of text will ensure this debate is ended by boredom.
632-140-419
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

As stated on the first page...

Priests/Knights/Rangers are good enough even with basic rites.

The only guys taking a clear hit are Monks. They could be balanced out by making them more melee (100 healing) or religion (100 meditation) oriented.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Boris wrote:As stated on the first page...

Priests/Knights/Rangers are good enough even with basic rites.

The only guys taking a clear hit are Monks. They could be balanced out by making them more melee (100 healing) or religion (100 meditation) oriented.

- Boris
You simply wont make a studded user more melee imo.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Vaux the difference with the mana consumption is now 20 between veritas and malleus. The difference between the mana cost would be 20 between the veritas and malleus after the change. How is it more nerf to Imperial with this change than it is for nature (whose only pvp rite basicly is veritas) or law (who will be effected on two rites instead one) and how would it actually make manavault more useless? Could you try to explain me through it?
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

You're right vaux, the original idea doesn't work. However, I based my arguments on the idea I suggested:

•Veritas mana consumption from 35 to 100 / actually, 80 will do.
•Malleus mana consumption from 10 to 50
•Keening mana consumptions from 10 to 50

So yes, even if you don't have keening or malleus, we can't spam it either. Also, remember that Tekstone doesn't have veritas either and Nature don't have malleus/keening. We're all on the same boat, it's only Law that has the best of all tomes.

Nerfing both rituals hit Law the hardest making two of their direct PvP rituals less useful in direct PvP. It forces them to face their enemeis in melee, just like it forces you, us and Nature. You can call this as biased as you want, but the truth is I'm not asking for veritas, I'm not asking for a boost. All I'm asking is to make PvP focused in melee which is where we are all equal - or at least can learn to be. Yes, it has never happened before, but just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't happen now.

I understand you have connection issues, but I've seen some yankies running pretty smoothly. Dunno how is that possible then.
Last edited by Darian Darkmind on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Monad wrote:Vaux the difference with the mana consumption is now 20 between veritas and malleus. The difference between the mana cost would be 20 between the veritas and malleus after the change. How is it more nerf to Imperial with this change than it is for nature (whose only pvp rite basicly is veritas) or law (who will be effected on two rites instead one) and how would it actually make manavault more useless? Could you try to explain me through it?

You guys know the numbers first of all with Manavault and how its used. With it, it allowed us to use an extra veritas in dire situations. With this increase our newly acquired rite doesn't seem as useful anymore, it's basically a different nerf from Imperial as it was others.

Basically what I'm saying is, we are essentially the religion who relied on veritas, but now it will be harder for us to cast. I don't like the spamming and I agree something needs to go, but we have no other alternative outside veritas. Thus giving Law with Malleus and Tek with Keening a distinct advantage. This widens the gap essentially of the ones who do not have Malleus/Keening, which is after all the main problem here in most people's eyes.
632-140-419
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Simmo wrote:You simply wont make a studded user more melee imo.
That's basicly why the 100 healing. Also reactive armor place a part. Also knuckles have been upgraded plenty of times and currently they're easily the best weapon on Pang DPS-wise.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

If you do that darian you completely remove the PVM aspect of it which it is imperials main pvm rite aswell.