Veritas/Malleus/Keening mana consumption

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Boost the mana consumption?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 45

Gorath Blackmind

Re: Veritas/Malleus/Keening mana consumption

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Are you actually saying that 50 mana veritas is useless pvm? Thats a laugh. When I was in Law i used to have very high int just to farm Wrong dungeon with veritas, and even if you can cast it only twice, its still awesome in pvm. Besides, Law still has malleus thats spammable against caster mobs. Imo this change could actually make more ppl get high int and low dex like I used to have. 10mana malleus is retarded thanks to explendescere, you cant run out of mana.

But when it comes to imperial and nature, I think Imperial is the only one really feeling this change. Nature has swarm and such, Law has aura, tekkies dont spam rites anyway. I think this change encourages the use of other ta tics and rites. Maybe some will actually start using acervo flamma noceo again in pvp/pvm.
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Combat priest/monk is only able to cast 3 malleus/keening. Just wanted to make my post so people have a more accurate picture of what Monad's proposal would mean.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

xHarlequinx wrote:Combat priest/monk is only able to cast 3 malleus/keening. Just wanted to make my post so people have a more accurate picture of what Monad's proposal would mean.
Can't be both? Tough luck.
I whine, therefore I am
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Once upon a time, there was a proposal of making malleus 30 mana, but have it work on every monster there is.... Would that still apply or is that idea a no-go?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i wouldn't be against it, if it was atleast 45 mana and not 30
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Change my opinion to yes so remove a no.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Tonight is a perfect example of how normal pvp goes these days, and why the mana boost should be a definate.

I don't normally read darians long posts solely because i'm lazy and it's like reading a book, was bored in college today. I strongly agree with everything said here:
Darian Darkmind wrote:The above numbers are why I don't think the mana consumption of 55 and 30 are enough. Combat monk or priest is able to cast 5x malleus/keening. Make it 4-5 priests/monks and it's 20-25 times. That's a long drail of blood left behind without a single melee hit. Same with veritas even if in less numbers. With mana regen potions and Law aura, even more.

Boosting the mana consumption is a start, but we all know this is a "fix" rather than a fix and this won't make PvP any more melee-oriented. All this does it make the attacks shorter when people run out of mana faster. It's even more about run in, spam veritas/malleus/keening, run out and meditate than it is now. It will never make it melee-oriented before we admit the simple fact it is ridiculously powerful compared to melee and as long as these rituals can be casted more than once in a tactical spot, they WILL be used, relied upon and spammed instead of going into melee and risk your own life.

One way is to boost the mana consumption but also double the casting time. Keening used to be two chants and back then it was used only as a tactical tool when someone was paralyzed, someone was in low health etc... and that's the way these rituals should be used, at least if we want the fights to be more melee-oriented. You should first be forced to go into melee, do the damage, hurt your enemies and then finish them with these rituals if needed to. As long as there rituals are fast to cast, powerful, spammable and renders melee "useless", it won't work.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Cruxis Bane wrote:Change my opinion to yes so remove a no.
Mine also, so another yes.
632-140-419
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

I'd prefer 50 mana veritas and 30 malleus/keening.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

50 veritas
40 malleening