Reduce duration on stonewall

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Reduce duration on stonewall to 4 seconds

Yes
19%
No
67%
Something else (please explain)
15%

Total votes: 27

xHarlequinx

Reduce duration on stonewall

Post by xHarlequinx »

Not sure what the current duration is on stonewall, but it could take a serious nerf.

If I'm not mistaken, you can abuse monster AI by spamming stone walls and causing them to repeatedly cast dispel? Also, obviously, it seriously damages the flow of PvP.

Make stonewall have a 4 second timer. Can still be used to temporarily block passages and if a caster decides to spam stonewall, they should be able to keep it blocked for as long as they have mana (average 40 seconds?)
Aileth

Re: Reduce duration on stonewall

Post by Aileth »

I voted no, although I had no idea it was being used for using up mana from monsters.

4 seconds is a really short time, did you ponder the implications it brings into other situations which do not include pvp and abusing ai mechanics?
Please don't make tamer's life even harder :(
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

4 seconds might be a little short, but what is it now? like 30 seconds? Maybe 10 seconds would be a bit more reasonable?
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

The stonewall isnt op in pvm either, it rarely works anywah the way it should. But id say ban it from pvp and leave it as it is in pvm. Stonewall is great when helping a tamer for example.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I don't really see stonewalls as a problem.

The solution is the same as the source of the problem.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

4 seconds is too few
if it's 30 seconds is a lot imo lol
i'd say cut it down to 15 if it really is 30, and 15 already means death in pvp if it was done right anyway
but boris is right
with spells you make walls, and with dispel you dispel them. atleast this gives a reason for monks or other magic users in pvp. and you can't even use magic reflect potions/wand against walls...amazing!
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

You win some, you lose some with walls. I've been raped because of them and only a couple times have mine been successful.

It is what it is.
632-140-419