Three ways suggested to fix the spam problem - pick one

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which way would you prefer?

Option 1
13%
Option 2
17%
Option 3
71%

Total votes: 24

Darian Darkmind

Three ways suggested to fix the spam problem - pick one

Post by Darian Darkmind »

These are three different ideas and approaches that has been suggested to fix the problem with veritas and malleus/keening spam.

Just curious, which of the three options do you think would be the best way to go:

1. Ritual damage reduced depending of the defender's base piety.
Pros:
1. Makes ritual spamming in religion battles less effective.
2. Won't affect robbers or other random reds so all our rituals works perfectly against them
Cons:
1. Might not actually reduce the amount of spam even if making it less effective.
2. Only affects religious people with piety (Is this a bad thing?).
3. High piety players would be very hard to kill with rituals (Is this a con or should the god-like status show for something?)

2. Miss/hit ratio added to rituals as well. Depending of caster's meditation+piety versus defender's meditation+piety the ritual either hit with full damage, or with zero damage.
Pros:
1. Makes spamming less effective.
2. Makes rituals unreliable and based a bit on luck just like melee.
Cons:
1. Some robbers or other random reds have meditation as well and thus would have a small chance to avoid being damaged.

3. Nerf the rituals directly. For example Monad's idea
Pros:
1. Makes them less used and as such less spammed.
Cons:
1. Robbers and other random reds also benefit from it.

I'm afraid most of the non-religious people, random reds and robbers included will vote for option three, which might make this poll a bit biased.
Xippy

Re: Three ways suggested to fix the spam problem - pick one

Post by Xippy »

i picked 1. Weak spot for babas who are OP in religions already.
As knight i already take only 50% of dammage. I say leave knight some advantage over priest, becouse we cant cast veritas.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Okay ideas otherwise but as long as; 1) there is nothing to loose 2) it does some damage, they will get spammed just as much with current requirements (mana&casting time). And unfortunately both of the above conditions apply to the ideas except for the idea #3.

So only fix with idea #1 and idea #2 I see is a reduced dmg but the amount of spam remains the same or even worse.
With idea #3, there is more to loose, as in you loose mana much more quickly, thus making it impossible to spam AND you're more hesitant to use it because it restricts the use of other rites aswell if you loose your mana = making it more tactical tool.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Only reducing damage just means more desire to cast the rite more times! Got to limit the ability to spam thus option 3.
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

4) none of the above and stop whining so much, because there is nothing which needs to be fixed?
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Akkarrin wrote:4) none of the above and stop whining so much, because there is nothing which needs to be fixed?
:lol:
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

1. As Priests are the source of the problem, they don't deserve any bonus on resistance.
2. Miss/hit doesn't apply to spells either - see no reason to add it to rites.
3. Plausible.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

The only reasonable fix would be adding a proper timer for Veritas.

Not 3 second cooldown but like 30?

Would pretty much fix it, people will lose track on counting 30 seconds during a fight and eventually forget when they cast it. But what happens inbetween is probably meelee and basic rites.

Sounds rather KISS to me.

Yeap?
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I've had my mind set to ease already so I don't even bother replying to Akkarrin or writing a long wall-of-text.

Boris, you're right about the number two. Although I must point out there is a tiny difference between the two: spells can be interupted, are harder to cast, take longer to cast and aren't often as good (argueable). Nevertheless, I don't think option 2 is good either, because it doesn't reduce the spam at all. It's actually the last of those three I'd pick.

However, about the number 1. If we're talking about the same problem: Spamming rituals in PvP and making melee close to impossible, it's not the priests that are the "source" of the problem. This is easily prooved because a priest outside a religion is a useless tool unable to spam anything. Also a priest in Tekstone never spammed rituals before we got this new keening. Also, if you gave similar abilities to any class, they'd spam them as well. It's clear to say the problem is being able to do it, because if you can do it, it'd be stupid not to take the advantage of it.

Anyway, this topic was just for curiosity. I already knew what majority would answer. And like said, my mind has been set to ease for now and I'm eagerly waiting for the first move.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

I went for Option 3.

Veritas/Malleus/Keening is OP. Doesn't matter if it's used against a robber or 60piety priest. It's the same OP rite.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2