Three ways suggested to fix the spam problem - pick one

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which way would you prefer?

Option 1
13%
Option 2
17%
Option 3
71%

Total votes: 24

Vaux27

Re: Three ways suggested to fix the spam problem - pick one

Post by Vaux27 »

Zaradon wrote:The only reasonable fix would be adding a proper timer for Veritas.

Not 3 second cooldown but like 30?

Would pretty much fix it, people will lose track on counting 30 seconds during a fight and eventually forget when they cast it. But what happens inbetween is probably meelee and basic rites.

Sounds rather KISS to me.

Yeap?

The problem is the Malleus/Keening timer or lack there of, not so much Veritas. This 50 mana consumption test with Veritas will fix the problem, at least make it used much less.

Option 3, nerfing the rites directly.

Also, why does Darian's suggestions always benefit him? :D

(wall of text ensues)
632-140-419
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Zaradon wrote:The only reasonable fix would be adding a proper timer for Veritas.
Not 3 second cooldown but like 30?
Would pretty much fix it, people will lose track on counting 30 seconds during a fight and eventually forget when they cast it. But what happens inbetween is probably meelee and basic rites.
Sounds rather KISS to me.
Yeap?
Difference with timer is that it would pretty much be just synced spam instead constant spam. Also timer leaves much less tactical freedom for yourself compared to boosted mana cost.
In simple: with timer you just count the seconds to cast it again, with boosted mana cost you wait for the right moment to cast it.
That's why the latter is more tactical and suitable in my eyes.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Vaux27 wrote: Also, why does Darian's suggestions always benefit him? :D
I'm one of the players. I don't care suggesting ideas for merchants when I don't know anything about them. However, should you suggest an idea for merchants which I think makes sense and is good, I don't disagree with you just because it benefits you.

Also, I'm not asking any boosts for myself, this would be a GLOBAL change affecting EVERYONE - and yes, I am included in everyone. So are you.

If we'd never post any ideas that benefit us in one way or another, we'd never post any ideas at all. Ideas are born when you think something could be done better: Being it crafting items automatically or PvP made more fun and interesting.
xHarlequinx

Post by xHarlequinx »

Both option 1 and option 2 depend on the defenders piety and therefore would act as a nerf to newbies/knights/rangers and a boost to high-piety priests (which from what I've seen, are already pretty godlike).
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Vaux27 wrote: Also, why does Darian's suggestions always benefit him? :D
I'm one of the players. I don't care suggesting ideas for merchants when I don't know anything about them. However, should you suggest an idea for merchants which I think makes sense and is good, I don't disagree with you just because it benefits you.

Also, I'm not asking any boosts for myself, this would be a GLOBAL change affecting EVERYONE - and yes, I am included in everyone. So are you.

If we'd never post any ideas that benefit us in one way or another, we'd never post any ideas at all. Ideas are born when you think something could be done better: Being it crafting items automatically or PvP made more fun and interesting.

You deleted and saw my fine print, but still walled me? Haha

Anyway, you've got to learn to summarize or we can't take your opinions(albeit sometimes justifiable ones) seriously. I mean that respectfully of course.
632-140-419
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Three phrases full of fact is a wall-of-text? Wow, how did you ever finish school when you had to read books? Respectfully asking of course.

Maybe I should do as the rest of the playerbase does and say "no" to everything instead, without a single argument as to why. Because that word obvious says it all and is very informative. :D
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Darian Darkmind wrote:Three phrases full of fact is a wall-of-text? Wow, how did you ever finish school when you had to read books? Respectfully asking of course.

Maybe I should do as the rest of the playerbase does and say "no" to everything instead, without a single argument as to why. Because that word obvious says it all and is very informative. :D

Are we under the impression that people come here to read books, as if we're in school again? Yeesh, that makes me long for the days of pretending to be sick to stay home then.

Just toss us a bone occasionally then, masta'.
632-140-419
Ares

Post by Ares »

Vaux27 wrote:
Darian Darkmind wrote:Three phrases full of fact is a wall-of-text? Wow, how did you ever finish school when you had to read books? Respectfully asking of course.

Are we under the impression that people come here to read books, as if we're in school again? Yeesh, that makes me long for the days of pretending to be sick to stay home then.

Aand back on topic.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Vaux27 wrote:

I just about always read peoples full posts so i can understand exactly what they are talking about, I actually prefer when Darian makes larger posts cause you know exactly what his point is and what he wants to do. Instead of posts like:

"I think this idea is stupid."
"OP /whine, they cheated /whine, i want my mommy /whine."

Its either, people dont explain themselves and are to lazy to do so, or they are just trolling and making fun of the topic resulting in flame wars and the topic being locked. It would be nice if people actually tried to work together to find a solution instead of people blowing each other off, and making progress that much harder.