Salvation MCs over 1000 days old

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Remove 1000 day old murder counts from salvation cost?

Yes, please remove them. I think those counts are too long gone to be paid. Players should not be punished for something done so long ago before item wipes and administration changes.
60%
No, I think players should pay for murdercounts they have done since the beginning of Repsak's Pangaea. Even if those counts are players who no longer exist.
38%
I have no vote.
2%

Total votes: 47

Uzriel Raven

Re: Salvation MCs over 1000 days old

Post by Uzriel Raven »

Kayla Strider wrote:no, i think you should have to pay for every single count you have ever gotten
Palma

Post by Palma »

12-12

Incredible... actually 12 people who want the old reds to stay red... that actually think that old reds will manage to just return and pay amounts like 4 millions out of nowhere for the simple fact of being blue.

Well, at least it will make me feel better when I start killing people again instead of protecting them. Cause I, like all others, will play my chars.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Generally people don't have 100+ MC's. Only exteme cases, like you, Darian and Athan. Random red guy coming back doesn't pay 4 million, extreme cases do... if they want to go blue that is. Usually bad guys have around +/- 30 MC's on their character.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Palma

Post by Palma »

Alright, I get it. I'm stuck as red. I'll just play red.
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

Boris wrote:If Salvation worked like before, then sure - but nowdays it's something much greater, as it wipes your MC records completely.

It's still a no.

- Boris
Not that I care or ever plan to get salvated.

My necro has 400ish murdercounts and I'd imagine 2/3 of them are from before the itemwipe

My assassin has 120ish and i know for a fact 80 of them were before the itemwipe.

Not to mention having already paid for 2 salvations on diotil and 1 on athan(thats on top of both players being turned blue after the wipe)- So the 'new system' is flawed for those who have already been salvated for 1. Secondly it is total crap to have to pay for murdercounts before the itemwipe.

Like I said I care not it doesn't affect me

Can you plead that Lord british is a robbing tyrant asking you to pay for murdercounts, which before the itemwipe, technically the character as he is in this present in time never committed therefore cannot remember. Gm intervention to avoid Lord B being a thif?
Aileth

Post by Aileth »

Would this be possible?

I would suggest:
- removing the murder counts from before the item-wipe/shard rollback of 3 months [5 years ago?] (if not active already)
- removing murder counts from characters whose accounts have been deleted/banned (if not active already)

The time would still be longer than 1000 days but it would ensure that "ghost" murder counts are removed.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Athan01 wrote: Can you plead that Lord british is a robbing tyrant asking you to pay for murdercounts, which before the itemwipe, technically the character as he is in this present in time never committed therefore cannot remember. Gm intervention to avoid Lord B being a thif?
That's why we need to bring him down.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Masano

Post by Masano »

"...Not to mention having already paid for 2 salvations on diotil and 1 on athan(thats on top of both players being turned blue after the wipe)- So the 'new system' is flawed for those who have already been salvated for 1"

If your having to pay for more than 1 salvation per character its not the system thats flawed, its your brain. Previously I had 4 red chars, I got them all free salvations and stayed blue, not costing me a penny- only difference is I didnt start killing people because I was bored.

but specificially about this topic.. Yes I agree with Palma, MC older than 1000 day shouldnt count.

How about jailtime? If you cant afford to pay then you go to jail instead, for 1/2 months. Too low time and it becomes much better option to take jail but 1/2 month.. thats a long time to not play a char but! If, like Palma, you dont have much time to hunt to get gold then it could be better option.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Masano wrote:"...Not to mention having already paid for 2 salvations on diotil and 1 on athan(thats on top of both players being turned blue after the wipe)- So the 'new system' is flawed for those who have already been salvated for 1"

If your having to pay for more than 1 salvation per character its not the system thats flawed, its your brain. Previously I had 4 red chars, I got them all free salvations and stayed blue, not costing me a penny- only difference is I didnt start killing people because I was bored.

but specificially about this topic.. Yes I agree with Palma, MC older than 1000 day shouldnt count.

How about jailtime? If you cant afford to pay then you go to jail instead, for 1/2 months. Too low time and it becomes much better option to take jail but 1/2 month.. thats a long time to not play a char but! If, like Palma, you dont have much time to hunt to get gold then it could be better option.
If we're talking about just going blue that would be reasonable. If we're talking a complete MC wipe I think a longer jail time is called for. This assumes no gold cost.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

the system has been broken ever since law had the ability to freely salvate removed, both in terms of RP and OOC the law needed to have the ability to free salvate to prevent little loopholes like this and others occuring.

this is a fault that palma is now being greived badly by and gms should either take it upon themselves to fix these extreme cases and say yes the system has failed here (same goes for carlos) or to give that power back to law who always used it responsibly and would continue to

also 1k old MC's should be wiped when repsak set up pang he could not possibly of anticipated it would last this long, as such the design of the rite is not what it should of been imo and time has shown the massive flaw in it