Summon Guard Rite Poll

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Choose one of these.

Option 1
31%
Option 2
8%
Option 3
3%
Option 4
49%
I dont care
10%

Total votes: 39

KrondorZuula
Counselor

Summon Guard Rite Poll

Post by KrondorZuula »

Continuing the conversation from the ideas topic, with poll for some further progress.

Option 1: Monad
I'd make it simple and personally rather just remove the guard rite completely and come up with something unique and useful to both Law and Imperial instead, but dunno if that's just me. Seems like the issue is just making too much trouble.
Ideas for the rite replacement: http://www.knoechel.dk/pangaea/viewtopi ... 17&t=10371 Post here your ideas.

Option 2: Johnny Walac & Jyrgen
I still don't understand what was wrong with my idea of the additional check about townstones in the script. I.e:

1) Law can summon guards on mainland, as long as there isnt enemy townstone within X tiles.
2) Imperial can summon guards on islands, as long as there isn't enemy townstone within X tiles.
3) Law can summon guards within X tiles from their own townstones, no matter if mainland or island.
4) Imperial can summon guards within X tiles from their own townstones, no matter if mainland or island.

That way, the current divison of mainland/island remains, while also taking into account the siege system.
*The owner of the Town Stone can summon guards 200-300 tiles around it.
*The enemy cannot summon guards in the 200-300 area.
While keeping the current mainland/island division for guard casting, just add additional check to the guard casting rite:
If "enemy aligned townstone within 200-300 tiles" -> no guards, no matter if mainland or island
If "your own aligned townstone within 200-300 tiles" -> can cast guards, no matter if mainland or island
Option 3:
Keep it the way it is.
Option 4: Boris
- Removal of the current guard zones (Law: mainland, Imperial: Islands)
- Guards tied completely to town stones

- Boris
If you do not agree with any of these, and have another idea in mind, please feel free to post your idea below. Or build off the ideas above. Constructive criticism is good, whining or flaming not so much.
Last edited by KrondorZuula on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Boris
Admin

Re: Summon Guard Rite Poll

Post by Boris »

Option 4:
- Guards tied completely/directly to town stones

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Boris wrote:Option 4:
- Guards tied completely/directly to town stones

- Boris
Added to original Post
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Would option 4 mean that you couldnt summon guards at say xroads or at moonglow zoo for instance?
KrondorZuula
Counselor

Post by KrondorZuula »

Cruxis Bane wrote:Would option 4 mean that you couldnt summon guards at say xroads or at moonglow zoo for instance?
If this was the case I would be in favor of Option 4.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Well I'm going with option one, even though I'm sure it's not KISS enough.

I like the RP style of the guards, especially from the standpoint of Imperial invading the mainland and casting. Obviously we cannot at this time though and the town stone thing would kind complicate things IG and scripting(even though this is massive scripting as well). So why not move away from guards completely?

I would like the rite to be replaced with a swarm-like summons. But something more unique to Law and Imperial's RP, I'm thinking on the whim here. The better casts of Tekstone you see black wisps, with this change we could incorporate that. I'm not sure what the shard has in graphics, but I would like to see something new instead of mobs. We of course don't need to see something too OP, but the higher end casts should be the equivalent of guards in damage/speed.

I'll have something more concrete later.
632-140-419
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

As suggested some months ago - we could create territorial town stones with x amount of guards.

For example there could be town stones at guard outposts. Lets say 3-4 guards. The converting time could be 30 minutes - so it takes 1,5-2h to conquer a guard outpost. The actual gain of owning a guard post isn't the 3-4 guards - but the fact that you can summon guards in a radius of 200-300 tiles from "guard stones".

Another option is simply adding guard stones without guards to mainland. Takes 2h to conquer. If you conquer, the gain is the same as above (minus the guards).

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

I went with option 1.

Although, I think if the ritual would take 45-60 seconds to cast and tied to the town zone, that would do as well. Right now they are used in offence, summoned on the corpses and on attacks because the ritual is so damn quick to cast. It isn't PvP, it's GvP. If it took as long as Blight to cast, it would be done only in defence to create a safe-spot to retreat to. That way the fights would be PvP, but the defending side always has a way to secure a safe-spot for them to retreat, re-bless and heal.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Maybe option 1, but all depends on what kind of rites would replace the guards.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

That's just nerfing guards even more, I don't want that taking up a slot in Imperial's tome honestly. Tieing them to stones doesn't make much sense, unless they give off some holy aura damage. May want to start considering that if we go down that path.

I much rather have swarm like casts for everywhere that can be commanded by the players, that's more realistic here. It would level out the playing field and get rid of a horribly OP rite that's been here for years.
632-140-419