Summon Guard Rite Poll

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Choose one of these.

Option 1
31%
Option 2
8%
Option 3
3%
Option 4
49%
I dont care
10%

Total votes: 39

KrondorZuula
Counselor

Re: Summon Guard Rite Poll

Post by KrondorZuula »

Ideas for the rite replacement: http://www.knoechel.dk/pangaea/viewtopi ... 17&t=10371 Post here your ideas.

Added to original post.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

In all honesty, I do see guards needed for the town takeover system. It's one edge of the defenders vs. the attackers.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

You should be able to call in backup, I vote linked to town stone. And with how easy they are to be dispelled there are quite a few ways around them, then thing I say is not to be in open area not near any town at all. Another thing though is the rite shouldnt be just 3 chants make it more like 6 or something.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Basicly you two (Imperial/Law) can already decide on what terms guards work, as long as the overall gain is the same.

i.e.

Cooldown is 1h - but they last for 1h as well.
Cooldown is 20 min - but they last for 20 min as well.

- Boris
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

whatever, as long as they're linked to town stones.
if they last 1 hour or not is irrelevant, during that time people will dispel them if they have the chance, so i think people would rather go for as less cooldown as possible even if they last for less time.

where are the options?..
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:Option 4:
- Removal of the current guard zones (Law: mainland, Imperial: Islands)
- Guards tied completely/directly to town stones

- Boris
Basically Elya's idea taken a step further. I'm fine with it.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Also what comes to mainland - we could make the radius from town stones as big as possible - so they will cut as much mainland as possible.

For example the radius could be easily 500 tiles at Trinsic. Minoc and Vesper around 300 tiles. Skara and NH will have to be smaller as they're so close to each other - but I'd say easily 200 tiles. Britain would be around 300-400 tiles (from Lizard passage to Snakes passage to Britain swamps to Britain moongate). Also Yew is so far away from other towns, the radius could be up to 500 tiles.

All in all, most of the mainland can be covered with town stones - if we make those circles as big as possible.

- Boris
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:Also what comes to mainland - we could make the radius from town stones as big as possible - so they will cut as much mainland as possible.

For example the radius could be easily 500 tiles at Trinsic. Minoc and Vesper around 300 tiles. Skara and NH will have to be smaller as they're so close to each other - but I'd say easily 200 tiles. Britain would be around 300-400 tiles (from Lizard passage to Snakes passage to Britain swamps to Britain moongate). Also Yew is so far away from other towns, the radius could be up to 500 tiles.

All in all, most of the mainland can be covered with town stones - if we make those circles as big as possible.

- Boris
Yew townstone will always be owned by Nature, soo... considering Nature doesn't have guards rite, what'd be the use of the big range? Other than that, I guess it's somewhat nice idea. Perhaps the areas for some cities could be even bigger though. So that most of the mainland would be someone's land.
Best idea so far, tho, when it comes to keeping guards rite.
Mike

Post by Mike »

If we go for territorial guards like suggested I'm for smaller circles - so that we see less guard spam in open battles but still keep every city safe from enemy guard influence.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Jyrgen wrote:Yew townstone will always be owned by Nature, soo... considering Nature doesn't have guards rite, what'd be the use of the big range?
I'm quite sure we can figure out a solution - to keep things as they are. Holy town stones would remain unsiegeble anyhow.

- Boris