Summon Guard Rite Poll

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Choose one of these.

Option 1
31%
Option 2
8%
Option 3
3%
Option 4
49%
I dont care
10%

Total votes: 39

Darian Darkmind

Re: Summon Guard Rite Poll

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Vaux27 wrote:That's just nerfing guards even more, I don't want that taking up a slot in Imperial's tome honestly. Tieing them to stones doesn't make much sense, unless they give off some holy aura damage. May want to start considering that if we go down that path.

I much rather have swarm like casts for everywhere that can be commanded by the players, that's more realistic here. It would level out the playing field and get rid of a horribly OP rite that's been here for years.
You agree it's horribly OP rite that has been here for years, but you disagree with nerfing it? Doesn't really make sense, now does it.

Let's tweak my idea a bit then:
Nerfs to change it from offensive to defensive
1. Longer casting time up to 30-60 seconds
2. Tied to town-stone
Boosts to make it better at defensive
1. Undispellable
2. Last for 60 minutes (60 minute cooldown though)

Of course such change makes them awfully terrible compared to their current state, but like you agreed they are currently horribly OP. Therefore, awefully nerfed and horribly OP nullify each other and make it a balanced ritual. With the changes it's not a useless ritual at all, in fact, I guarantee you both religions would use it whenever possible because it still gives a very strong edge to the defending side. However, instead of casting them directly on the battlefield, directly on someone's corpse, you'd place them strategially as a defence, as a back up and safe-spot to fall back to. In Skara Brae, you'd place them to the end of the bridge and in temple attacks you'd first place them inside the temple - not in front of it middle of all your enemies. In Britain attacks Law would place them by the blacksmith, by the bank etc instead of rushing up to the graveyard and cast them right at us.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Unsummonable guards tied to Town Stones could be a nice twist.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

what does that mean boris?
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:Unsummonable guards tied to Town Stones could be a nice twist.

- Boris
Meaning non-dispellable guards? I guess an option for me is hard to consider. On the one hand, guards are not really a factor in Imperial pvp any more due to the territorial boundaries in which we can use them. Even if they're used in a city like Ocllo / Magincia et al. etc., they offer a mote amount of assistance and are inevitably killed or dispelled (very fast). Religion alliances being what they are today, guards are useless because (speaking strictly for Imperial) there is no point in using them because of already stated reasons and they can tend to get in the way if we have the manpower on hand. On the other hand I would like to consider a more useful rite for Imperial because our rites offer very passive bonuses atm and can only be used in specific situations (w/ exception of veritas) regarding PVP (veritas ) / PVM (veritas / esunas curse) / Non-PVP/M (esunas bless). I'm not sure what could be created in place of guards but I think it might be worth additional brainstorming to figure it out.

If the guards are tied to the stones and can be casted anywhere for Imperial / Law, then that offers a bit of a bonus to the defenders of a new town but do I really want to see Law with more benefits on top of their ridiculously stacked PVP tome + Nature assistance. That is the line I have to consider. The fact that our guards are rather useless atm just completely takes up a spot in our tome, w/o turning this into an Imperial whine post, I think that option 4 is the most balanced approach for all.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Guard need to change, that's a clear deal. They simply can't work as they work now. They do not support the town takeover system.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

How about:
  • 1) When your enemy enters the town stone area you (the defending religion gets a notification)
    2) Guard rite removed
    3) Something new useful applied to Law and Imperial
Currently you get notified only when the guards are killed and town stone sieged. With the update the guards which are already defending the towns plays a bigger role when you get notified *before* they are all killed by your enemy, not *after*. This reduce significantly the need for casted guards because you can go heal and defend the "static" ones.
This way we can forget the already restricted summon guards rituals and concentrate on something more useful tailored to both of the religions specifically, and also get more benefit/use of the town guards already in place.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I like that idea. I would go for that option actually, depending on how big the notification area is.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Monad wrote:and also get more benefit/use of the town guards already in place.
Let me brainfart.

Clearing all guards from A town as an B religion, you cast Siege on the Town Stone.

Depending on the time of how long you need to wait for the Takeover to finish.

For example;

Nujelm has 40 guards.
4 hours in total, to complete the Takeover.

Town Stone will randomly spawn;
First hour; 4 guards at random time within 20m around the Town Stone
Second hour; 3 guards at random time within 15m around the Town Stone
Third hour; 2 guards at random time 10m around the Town Stone
Fourth hour; 1 guard at random time 5m around the Town Stone

Altough, i dont think it's KISS enough but this would surely give "a twist" for the Siegeing side for GvP AND PvP

Guards could be removed from both sides, that way.

As an additional idea would go;

When casting Siege on a town stone which requires 4 hours to take over with 400 piety.
There will be no guards spawning randomly and it will be "easier" for the Sieging side.

Feedback, plox?
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Monad wrote:How about:
  • 1) When your enemy enters the town stone area you (the defending religion gets a notification)
    2) Guard rite removed
Currently you get notified only when the guards are killed and town stone sieged. With the update the guards which are already defending the towns plays a bigger role when you get notified *before* they are all killed by your enemy, not *after*. This reduce significantly the need for casted guards because you can go heal and defend the "static" ones.
This way we can forget the already restricted summon guards rituals and concentrate on something more useful tailored to both of the religions specifically, and also get more benefit/use of the town guards already in place.

Sounds good theoretically, but by the time we notify everyone and rally the troops to bless, the guards would definitely be cleared. Special cases would be Trinsic and possibly Vesper however.
632-140-419
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Vaux27 wrote:
Monad wrote:How about:
    2) Guard rite removed

Sounds good theoretically, but by the time we notify everyone and rally the troops to bless, the guards would definitely be cleared. Special cases would be Trinsic and possibly Vesper however.
Then you should probably send one or two peeps to heal the guards meanwhile others are blessing. Come on…