Summon Guard Rite Poll

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Choose one of these.

Option 1
31%
Option 2
8%
Option 3
3%
Option 4
49%
I dont care
10%

Total votes: 39

Glarundis

Re: Summon Guard Rite Poll

Post by Glarundis »

it's not a bad idea, but shouldn't the siege itself take less time then?
because if they defending side can get to the place asap (they can, because they can bless in the guards) while a few heal the guards, i'm sure that a lot of time could take until you get to be able to defeat them all and siege the stone, so the actual sieging (after siege rite was casted) shouldn't take so long, because in terms of pvp the siege had started already (with benefit to the defenders since city guards can't be dispelled)
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Glarundis wrote:it's not a bad idea, but shouldn't the siege itself take less time then?
because if they defending side can get to the place asap (they can, because they can bless in the guards) while a few heal the guards, i'm sure that a lot of time could take until you get to be able to defeat them all and siege the stone, so the actual sieging (after siege rite was casted) shouldn't take so long, because in terms of pvp the siege had started already (with benefit to the defenders since city guards can't be dispelled)
That is a good point. Could the timer be lowered by an hour or two?
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Thus, making it even easier to siege when there's no opposing forces online?
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

When Argon's detection system is completed, there is no way you couldn't know a siege had started. In other words, there won't be any surprise factor.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Tyrion wrote:When Argon's detection system is completed, there is no way you couldn't know a siege had started. In other words, there won't be any surprise factor.
I meant, under no circumstances imho, should the siege system be tweaked in a way that'd allow (even) easier sieging of cities when there's no one online to defend it. Lowering the time needed for sieging would achieve exactly that. No matter how much harder it'd make it when there's defenders online, city could still be taken with ease during nighttime or early morning etc.
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

Jyrgen wrote:
Tyrion wrote:When Argon's detection system is completed, there is no way you couldn't know a siege had started. In other words, there won't be any surprise factor.
I meant, under no circumstances imho, should the siege system be tweaked in a way that'd allow (even) easier sieging of cities when there's no one online to defend it. Lowering the time needed for sieging would achieve exactly that. No matter how much harder it'd make it when there's defenders online, city could still be taken with ease during nighttime or early morning etc.
I agree. There needs to be difficulty, be it a long timer or defenders and a long timer.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

No towns over 10 hours have been taken, Skara wasen't even 4 hours and Minoc just over 6. Don't say it's too easy before a long siege has been completed and if that was too easy it's worth revisiting the difficulty.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Ha, easy. It's been a challenge since day one. Easy would of meant the towns were taken on the first attempt. I and other NA's won't be there for the defense every day, so you won't hear us complaining about "time zone" abuse.

As it stands Vesper and Trinsic are too long, I would like to see it shortened when the mayor system comes.
632-140-419
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I personally would like to see the timers on siegeing cut at some point and make it harder from another aspect.

Maybe pietyreq for Siege vs. Town stone?
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I like the notification when entering guard area aslong as the message happens every couple minutes so you know if someone stays in the area or if they accidently pop in to troll. Timer should be left as towns like Nu'jelum, Jholem, Vesper, Trinsic should be hard to take so that not every town gets taken in an abuse of timezone issue. As much as I still hate the fact that we didnt win Trinsic considering the amount of hours we were there, it should be a very hard to take all towns from one of the sides.