Summon Guard Rite Poll

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Choose one of these.

Option 1
31%
Option 2
8%
Option 3
3%
Option 4
49%
I dont care
10%

Total votes: 39

Boris
Admin

Re: Summon Guard Rite Poll

Post by Boris »

The detector would only alarm the owners - not the whole shard (like sieging normally does).

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

To be fair:

Guards need a nerf hit point wise at least

Blight needs a major nerf as well to compensate for guard nerf. Make it mostly just fleshrot and rarely plaguing as it wipes enemy guards away too easily, just like summoned guards do.

Wronging should be removed

Guard summoning could be tied to town stones; who owns the stone can summon guards.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Meleeing guards down is often faster than blight and that's what we do if there's plenty of us around. Blight is good only if we have a lot of piety to do it and if we are just "passing by" and if there's no one around to cure it. If I'm running around alone, I can cast blight now and then to kill a few guards. However, if we want to clear a town effectively, we can cast blight, but after that we melee them down. Most guards are killed in melee.

You can't really compare blight or guards in any way. If anything blight needs a boost due to it's ridiculously long casting time, 100 self damage, LOS check(Which can be broken with enough piety) and otherwise weak and nerfed plague (Takes a long time to spread and infect).
Last edited by Darian Darkmind on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Maximilian Lhoth wrote:To be fair:

Guards need a nerf hit point wise at least

Blight needs a major nerf as well to compensate for guard nerf. Make it mostly just fleshrot and rarely plaguing as it wipes enemy guards away too easily, just like summoned guards do.

Wronging should be removed

Guard summoning could be tied to town stones; who owns the stone can summon guards.

Nope Tek needs no nerfs, try again.

Agree on guard summoning tied to the stones, stops unnecessary guards on bodies. Abused for years.
632-140-419
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

I havent seen used for a while, and if something should be changed, rather boost it than nerf it. How can you nerf a rite that already needs too much piety and works very slow. And i still dont why the plague's spreading has been removed from guards. I think the plague should live up to its name. Make it require more piety to cast and make it powerful again, or make it require less piety and tune it down just a bit.

Edit: oops, got completely sucked off topic, sorry. BUT make plague stronger against guards, or atleast summoned ones
Demian

Post by Demian »

Blight is alot more powerful than you let us all believe. 1 Tek priest casting blight on brit, and in an unlucky situation when there's no Law online, 1/4 of Britains guards will be dead. Even if that is only achieved when there's no one to cure the plague, it still is a very powerful weapon considering an attack on the town will be very effortless for whole rest of the day.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Demian wrote:Blight is alot more powerful than you let us all believe. 1 Tek priest casting blight on brit, and in an unlucky situation when there's no Law online, 1/4 of Britains guards will be dead.
You do realize the range of blight is about 1.5 - 2.5 screens? And if you are 40piety there is a chance that the blight will only be fleshrot. Ask a GM if you don't belive us. Get some facts straight. If you thought one blight could take out 1/4 of Britains guard...well. You don't know alot about the tomes of Pangaea then.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Demian

Post by Demian »

I've seen it happen many times. Maybe it's not exactly 1/4 of Britain, but from graveyard to law temple to brit 1st inn is very well anyway. And don't know about the piety requirement but that area is always cleared of guards and all merchant houses full of plague when the blight is done in northern Britain.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Demian wrote:I've seen it happen many times. Maybe it's not exactly 1/4 of Britain, but from graveyard to law temple to brit 1st inn is very well anyway. And don't know about the piety requirement but that area is always cleared of guards and all merchant houses full of plague when the blight is done in northern Britain.
Congratulations, you've seen a blight cast with 200+ piety. Or you've seen multiple 5-10 blights in different areas of the town.

If I cast it alone with 50+15(tome) piety it has a LOS check which isn't always broken. Like Johnny said, the range is about 30-35 tiles (40-45 for Darion) and it mostly does fleshrot to any without LOS. It first kills every animal and weaker vendor on sight due to instant damage which means they don't spawn plague bearers. After that a few guards are plagued, but by the time the poison kills them, I've already killed them in melee - at least if I want to hurry it. Also guards don't spawn plague bearers and if some vendor would happen to spawn them, the bearers infect rate is so low that you or the guards can tank them with little risk of being infected.

Also, sometimes you can stand next to a infected guard for minutes at a time without it spreading to you. Plague, as it is in its current form is very bad.

If you however consider it so awesome, we are more than willing to switch it to guards... or even veritas.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Demian wrote:I've seen it happen many times. Maybe it's not exactly 1/4 of Britain, but from graveyard to law temple to brit 1st inn is very well anyway. And don't know about the piety requirement but that area is always cleared of guards and all merchant houses full of plague when the blight is done in northern Britain.
A blight from the Graveyard won't even reach the Blacksmithy. I won't reveal our tactics in how to clear britain but now you know the range of blight. I wouldn't care for posts like yours but you lack so much information and spreading false facts on the forum so I have to correct you. I'm not here to defend Blight but I am simply correcting you. We know our tome.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2