Monk fix

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How to balance out 100 Meditation boost?

STR cap from 110 to 100
80%
Evaluating Intelligence from 65 to 40
20%

Total votes: 41

Wolfie

Re: Monk fix

Post by Wolfie »

I do believe he means hides.

What Boris is meaning to say that ice fiend gloves might hit 15-22 cause a total average damage of 17. Meanwhile something like a electric fiend glove hits 6-32 averaging the damage around 19. Both of the elemental effects have about the same average elemental damage but the electric fiend gloves have the chance to hit harder, but also a lot less. (Well, he did admit its like arrows elemental damage didn't he?)

Also an easy way to test if the quality of the hide has anything to do with the physical part of damage is to hit Zarek with them on, and try again with them off, and calculate average physical damage of each.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Elemental ammunation and elemental gloves work pretty much the same. No real surprise as they're from the same scripter.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Wolfie wrote:I do believe he means hides.

What Boris is meaning to say that ice fiend gloves might hit 15-22 cause a total average damage of 17. Meanwhile something like a electric fiend glove hits 6-32 averaging the damage around 19. Both of the elemental effects have about the same average elemental damage but the electric fiend gloves have the chance to hit harder, but also a lot less. (Well, he did admit its like arrows elemental damage didn't he?)

Also an easy way to test if the quality of the hide has anything to do with the physical part of damage is to hit Zarek with them on, and try again with them off, and calculate average physical damage of each.
Trying to calculate the average on the physical damage is just futile thing, as the random is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

From what I tried, tho, the poison fiend gloves did like 25 dmg elemental part on average, and ice fiend did 30 dmg elemental part on average. I wouldn't say those two numbers are equal. That's why I'm asking whether the physical damage also gets changed or not.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

There's maxium damage and there's minium damage. Poison fiend is the steadiest glove there is damage-wise. While it may have the worst maxium damage, it has the best minium damage. Vice versa, electrical fiend represents the other end: best maxium damage, worst minium damage.

So as a sum up, all glove types have the same average.

- Boris
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Can we just get a yes-no answer to the following question:

Is the "glove damage" you talk about ONLY the "elemental" (+holy and whatever) damage part, and the physical part comes from wrestling and has nothing to do with gloves?

Otherwise I'm not able to interpret your previous posts in this topic.
If the answer is yes, I think your knuckled gloves damage calculation might have some kind of bug... Cause the average surely doesn't seem to be the same, unless I'm stupid or something.

EDIT: From your some previous post, I guess the answer is YES. My bad.
Boris wrote:There's maxium damage and there's minium damage. Poison fiend is the steadiest glove there is damage-wise. While it may have the worst maxium damage, it has the best minium damage. Vice versa, electrical fiend represents the other end: best maxium damage, worst minium damage.

So as a sum up, all glove types have the same average.

- Boris
Soo, IF I understood right, and gloves only affect the elemental part, then here's a test about the elemental part of gloves:
Exceptional ice fiend knuckles - 29 29 31 29 29 30 30 29 29 29
Exceptional poison fiend knuckles - 24 24 24 24 24 24 24 24

Is the average supposed to be the same? Maybe I'm stupid, but 24 doesn't equal 29.
Last edited by Jyrgen on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Knuckles are just extra damage on top of normal wrestling. So when you recieve numbers like...
It means elemental+holy damage (23) and wrestling (42) = 65 dmg combined.

- Boris
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:Knuckles are just extra damage on top of normal wrestling. So when you recieve numbers like...
It means elemental+holy damage (23) and wrestling (42) = 65 dmg combined.

- Boris
Ok, thanks for clarifying. However, in that case, the average damage for different knuckles is NOT the same, or am I missing something here?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I'll dig into it...

If you have other glove types to mess with (fire, ice, elec) - you could post those results as well. We can determine and adjust much more easily from player data.

EDIT:

Found the problem. I'll bug Ares about it.

- Boris
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:I'll dig into it...

If you have other glove types to mess with (fire, ice, elec) - you could post those results as well. We can determine and adjust much more easily from player data.

EDIT:

Found the problem. I'll bug Ares about it.

- Boris
o.O
What was the problem?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Just something in the calculation. Ice/fire/elec have the same average, poison is cut short.

- Boris