Monk fix

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How to balance out 100 Meditation boost?

STR cap from 110 to 100
80%
Evaluating Intelligence from 65 to 40
20%

Total votes: 41

Boris
Admin

Monk fix

Post by Boris »

As simple as it gets: two options - vote.

Option 1 would also mean the following changes to other magic users:
- STR of Bards from 125 to 130
- STR of Mages from 100 to 105
  • 130 (Bard)
    • 105 (Necro)
      105 (Druid)
      105 (Mage)
      • 100 (Monk)
Monks will be left to the bottom of the list, just like Priests in Fighter category. Bards will take a small boost in order for them to continue as the STR kings and Mages will recieve the same nudge so the class system's scaled properly.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Mike

Re: Monk fix

Post by Mike »

STR cap from 110 to 100 - Monks will bless as well as priests so no need for extra STR.
"last i knew it was illegal to hate someone" Richard Mota
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

The one thing a Monk would need is the extra Str for the no one hits, I've made my opinion known that capping the elemental dmg on gloves would counter this.

I'm not too happy about every major change needing another, but I understand why in the end. It's too bad this came so late however, a Monk in studded armor is the only class that can justify having priest blesses with at LEAST 105 str cap.

Oh well.
632-140-419
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:Monks will be left to the bottom of the list, just like Priests in Fighter category. Bards will take a small boost in order for them to continue as the STR kings and Mages will recieve the same nudge so the class system's scaled properly.

- Boris
That'd leave druids with the lowest effective str (worst bless). Is that intended that way?

EDIT: Can we get statistics on how many monks actually have over 100 str atm? I think I'm one of the few monks that has 110 str at the moment anyway :P
Last edited by Jyrgen on Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Jyrgen wrote:
Boris wrote:Monks will be left to the bottom of the list, just like Priests in Fighter category. Bards will take a small boost in order for them to continue as the STR kings and Mages will recieve the same nudge so the class system's scaled properly.

- Boris
That'd leave druids with the lowest effective str (worst bless). Is that intended that way?
You gain the extra 10 strenght from fortuno aetas. Thats like the change with Doom, loot went better, prices went up a lot more (if guild or so). :D
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Simmo wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:

- Boris
You gain the extra 10 strenght from fortuno aetas. Thats like the change with Doom, loot went better, prices went up a lot more (if guild or so). :D
That sentece was about druids still, who sometimes get damn +13 bless from fortuno. (Compare to +40 that necros get...)
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Jyrgen wrote:That'd leave druids with the lowest effective str (worst bless). Is that intended that way?
I wouldn't call it worst - simply in the same line with other traditional casters (mage, necro).
Jyrgen wrote:Can we get statistics on how many monks actually have over 100 str atm?
I'd say the avg. is about 100. After checking all the active Monks we have - a majority rolls with under 100 STR.

- Boris
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:That'd leave druids with the lowest effective str (worst bless). Is that intended that way?
I wouldn't call it worst - simply in the same line with other traditional casters (mage, necro).
- Boris
I'm still pretty sure that druids get the worst statbless of magicusers (if we don't count 30 piety monks etc). I have a mage, monk and druid, and it makes me cry when I see how much I bless as druid :D
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

If it'd be scaled Boris-like, I'd go with something like...

100 - Monk
105 - Necro
110 - Mage
115 - Druid
130 - Bard

Even that doesn't change the fact that your blesses are small and eventually the "extra STR" is away from DEX or INT. It's no win-win in any situation.

- Boris
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

So why 100 and not 105?
632-140-419