Monk fix

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How to balance out 100 Meditation boost?

STR cap from 110 to 100
80%
Evaluating Intelligence from 65 to 40
20%

Total votes: 41

Quintoz

Re: Monk fix

Post by Quintoz »

60 damage with the fastest weapon in game.. hm if only all weapons had that DPS.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Quintoz wrote:60 damage with the fastest weapon in game.. hm if only all weapons had that DPS.
One tile wep. DPS matters nothing in PvP still. Unless you're stupid to stand still. And 60 was max, I did pretty many 30 dmg hits also. The average is probably around 40-45. And remember, that was with 220 str.

I was just trying to illustrate that the damage increase from very high str isn't that big.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Give them 90 str imo, they can still take more hits then any priest.

Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Wat?
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Smh, come on Quin. We can heal with a wand, bandies and gheals...but taking the hits is different. I don't see priests getting 100+ hit as much, but I don't know Law monks as well obviously.

Doesn't matter honestly, just nerf the cap to 100 str and give the 100 Med change. It's been like 8 months in the making and I'm kinda tired of all the voting haha.
Last edited by Vaux27 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
632-140-419
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

I suppose you don't even notice. In Minoc for example, Zarek went down you rushed into help and took a total of 5 hits before your reflective armor went down then you could run around with 3 poeple hitting you healing with wand, aura, gheal and bandages. So I guess the real problem isen't monks it's your aura so get rid of that and all monks could enjoy 110 base str and 100 medi. Then again that wont happen so all monks have to get nerfed.

Oh and let's not forget that you can pretty much kill Johnny in a 1on1 because your knuckels does more damage then his sword when he's using sword / board. That's not even adding in malleus, veritas and wands.

Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Quintoz wrote:I suppose you don't even notice. In Minoc for example, Zarek went down you rushed into help and took a total of 5 hits before your reflective armor went down then you could run around with 3 poeple hitting you healing with wand, aura, gheal and bandages. So I guess the real problem isen't monks it's your aura so get rid of that and all monks could enjoy 110 base str and 100 medi. Then again that wont happen so all monks have to get nerfed.
As was said, it'd be a boost for most monks str wise, then also boost for 100 med. Only I wouldn't gain any more str from it.

Oh, and missing doesn't count. And getting your hits reflected off my armor doesn't count either. Also, reactive is a bitch, go try killing a necro with reactive on. Same thing, I've seen Darrel getting hit twice in Vesper, then getting hit by a few guards and still running around.
Akkarrin

Post by Akkarrin »

reflective armor went down then you could run around with 3 poeple hitting you healing with wand, aura, gheal and bandages.
reflective pot(s) and bones with a wand if you thinks thats so much better then our chain?
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Palma's necro in skara was way easier to kill then any monks I've ever gone up against. Thoose hits was from reflective armor the spell not armors didn't relize it was called reactive my bad.

Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Quintoz wrote:Oh and let's not forget that you can pretty much kill Johnny in a 1on1 because your knuckels does more damage then his sword when he's using sword / board. That's not even adding in malleus, veritas and wands.
I couldn't kill ya if you didn't think you're rambo or something. Also, use 2-tile weapon and you win me. I've tried knights 1 on 1. Ends bad for monk.