Monk fix

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How to balance out 100 Meditation boost?

STR cap from 110 to 100
80%
Evaluating Intelligence from 65 to 40
20%

Total votes: 41

Zaradon

Re: Monk fix

Post by Zaradon »

Palma wrote: Removing their str or removing their eval, strictly forces all Monks from this day forth to join a religion because only with tome they can get a good bless. So in resume, people won't be able to make Monks outside religions.
Negative.

Non-religious Monks seem to have a rather bright future in the criteria of religion behalf.
They do have a semi-fighter perk due to their sucky AR so it will be risky to play one outside a religion.
However, that's exactly why only STR should be lowered, to not make the non-religious Monk completely useless.

100 magery/65 eval = win for both, Religious and non religious.
STR from 110 to 100 = doesn't change a thing, you're a studded user and a one-hit to religious enemy and that's the same against a non-religious player. Works either way, religious players dont give you extra religious dmg.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Pangaea website wrote:The monk is the essense of balance, her goal is to balance the use of regular magic and the use of religious power. Whatever the monk chooses, it is important that she uses all her granted advantages, as focusing on one area only will weaken her severely.
Being a monk without a tome is like having one hand. There's just no point being religionless monk.
I whine, therefore I am
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I look at the Monk being holy, just as holy as the Priest is to a religion. You can make the argument that they're just as useless outside of a religion as a priest currently, and they especially will be now with the str cap nerfed. I'm fine with that, Monks in my mind should be in a religion, simply put.
632-140-419
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Talerco Pious wrote:
Pangaea website wrote:The monk is the essense of balance, her goal is to balance the use of regular magic and the use of religious power. Whatever the monk chooses, it is important that she uses all her granted advantages, as focusing on one area only will weaken her severely.
Being a monk without a tome is like having one hand. There's just no point being religionless monk.

Yeah, point taken.

Just facting out some things - comparing religious/non religious.

And btw, what's the need for being in a religion for wallPvP anyway?
:lol:
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Zaradon wrote:And btw, what's the need for being in a religion for wallPvP anyway?
:lol:
It's fun to block ppl when they run away from emmies, that's why you need to be in a religion.
I whine, therefore I am
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Soo is anything ever going to change, or will we just make topic after topic about monks, with no result?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It's still being discussed. It's a static change and these decisions/discussions take a longer time compared to temporary stuff, i.e. trials/try-outs.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

I believe from this poll we have all the information we need though, all the active Monks have spoken up. All the anti-Monks have made their points, so far it looks like the shard is in agreement with this str cap change, and Monks getting Med in general: http://www.knoechel.dk/pangaea/viewtopi ... =19&t=9436 .

So what's the next step on this long journey? :D
632-140-419
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

any decisions so far?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It'll take a week or so. As a wild guess.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.