Monk fix

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How to balance out 100 Meditation boost?

STR cap from 110 to 100
80%
Evaluating Intelligence from 65 to 40
20%

Total votes: 41

Glarundis

Re: Monk fix

Post by Glarundis »

one week seems to fly by fast in real life.
it's super slow when it comes to seeing shard announcements though :D
ok, do what you gotta do and discuss
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Glarundis wrote: ok, do what you gotta do and discuss

Well Glar, I'm glad they have your permission now. :lol:
632-140-419
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Dont complain about time between shard announcements considering how many have happened since Ares started scripting glar...
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

come on. everything i say is seen as a whine or complaint. you guys are probably paranoid already, i can't say make a single statement without it being labeled as a whine. many times have i said thank you to the staff for their work, and i thought it was pretty obvious considered i put a smiley in the end and all that as a funny joke..chill people

@vaux

go my child, you have my blessing xD
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Looks like you got quite a reputation going on there Glar. 8-)
Good job!
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:Basicly you haven't experienced poison fiend knuckles yet. I mean, they're snoggy gloves. You poison from each hit, with a speed of a dagger and the damage is like a blessed sword of a Knight. It's pretty HC.
That quote is from some other topic, but anyway, that's damn false advertising! I tried them, they don't poison every time! And damage wise, they're maybe worse than ice fiend knuckles. And when I tried them against Zarek, they do like 25+1, where the 1 is physical dmg most of the time (Sometimes got up to 15 when I managed to poison!). Do knight's blessed swords really do 30 damage?
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

we shouldn't trust boris on that stuff. you remember when he said how godlike 100 poisoning was?
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

Glarundis wrote:come on. everything i say is seen as a whine or complaint. you guys are probably paranoid already, i can't say make a single statement without it being labeled as a whine. many times have i said thank you to the staff for their work, and i thought it was pretty obvious considered i put a smiley in the end and all that as a funny joke..chill people
Glarundis wrote:we shouldn't trust boris on that stuff. you remember when he said how godlike 100 poisoning was?
See the point Glar? ;D

Anyhoos, I pretty much gotta believe Elya in this topic, after all, he's probably played monk than anyone else on the shard :P
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Jyrgen wrote:That quote is from some other topic, but anyway, that's damn false advertising! I tried them, they don't poison every time! And damage wise, they're maybe worse than ice fiend knuckles. And when I tried them against Zarek, they do like 25+1, where the 1 is physical dmg most of the time (Sometimes got up to 15 when I managed to poison!). Do knight's blessed swords really do 30 damage?
There's no difference in them compared to other gloves. The last +1 has nothing do with gloves - that's just wrestling for you. It can be +1 and it can be +100. Swords simply have more steady dice compared to wrestling, while wrestling has a lot of variance. Glove factor is nothing else but extra damage on top of normal wrestling. Damage-wise they're in scale with all the other elemental knuckles = every hide type has the same avg.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Jyrgen

Post by Jyrgen »

Boris wrote:
Jyrgen wrote:That quote is from some other topic, but anyway, that's damn false advertising! I tried them, they don't poison every time! And damage wise, they're maybe worse than ice fiend knuckles. And when I tried them against Zarek, they do like 25+1, where the 1 is physical dmg most of the time (Sometimes got up to 15 when I managed to poison!). Do knight's blessed swords really do 30 damage?
There's no difference in them compared to other gloves. The last +1 has nothing do with gloves - that's just wrestling for you. It can be +1 and it can be +100. Swords simply have more steady dice compared to wrestling, while wrestling has a lot of variance. Glove factor is nothing else but extra damage on top of normal wrestling. Damage-wise they're in scale with all the other elemental knuckles = every hide type has the same avg.
- Boris
Average of TOTAL damage, or average of "elemental" part of damage? Besides, There's NO way wrestling would do average damage even closely similar to what blessed swords do, at least not on Zarek (read: high-ar dudes) :P.

Do I understand right that the wrestling (physical) part of the dmg has absolutely NOTHING to do with the gloves (i.e, quality, hide)?