Year 2012 in review

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How do you rate 2012?

5 (Great)
27%
4 (Good)
49%
3 (Average)
18%
2 (Bad)
2%
1 (Horrible)
4%

Total votes: 51

Boris
Admin

Year 2012 in review

Post by Boris »

2012 ended (with no apocalypse) and it's time for a recap.

We had some big changes at least. We moved to a dedicated server, banned 3D and allowed clean looting. Those three updates ended the last remains of Alterans era. Otherwise the amount of updates is massive and for those we can thank both Wille and Ares. I'm too lazy to list all the fixes and changes (if someone's bored, be my guest) - but generally this was an active year scripting-wise. So once again...

What were your highlights of 2012?
What do you expect from 2013?

As a reference:
Year 2011 in review

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Gorath Blackmind

Re: Year 2012 in review

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

So many great changes in the game so I'll just sum it up: GREAT WORK, KEEP IT UP AND I'LL NEVER LEAVE :>

Highlight: Warrior change. Loving it very much.
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

i'll have to give it a 3,5.
why?
the shitload of changes, even though i think some of them could've been doing differently/different numbers/different ways deserve a big applause to the staff
also, the siege system and all those things. even if it's not perfected yet, it's a huge improvement, and it's better to have these things in beta phase than never having them.
so according to these things i'd have to give more than 3,5. i'm just not doing so because, there's always room for it to be better (that'd be 4 out of 5) and i can't give 4 because of the playerbase. even without all these great changes, playerbase decides if you have fun or not.
i remember years ago when we didn't have half of these great things. but because there were a lot of players and a lot of things happening IG you wanted to log in and play and interact. that's what, imo, dictates the game.
Xerxes

Post by Xerxes »

I rated it a "4" the updates are massive and cover a broad spectrum of 'problems'. The moving of the server (and removing of 3d) was a perfect move.

Now only to remove monsters from low end ores (lunar, silver and solar are considered low end) and add more ore veins and we will probably see more smith activity again :)

What I see for 2013?
From my behalf: a monthly donation of €25,- and a daily vote (will try to vote from work as well)

From Pangaea behalf: the continuation of changes/improvements and the daring of actual try something different.
Bird location: 312331437
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Horrible.

I'm a pessimist.
Quintoz

Post by Quintoz »

Zaradon wrote:Horrible.

I'm a pessimist.
I think "asshole" is a more accurate way to describe you.

Stop the cuckening on Pang #MakePangGreat
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Zaradon wrote:I'm a pessimist.
Things are bad and they're gonna be worse in the future? That's pessimism.

If so, what was better before (compared to now) and what will be worse in the future?

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
James Blackburn

Post by James Blackburn »

as i joined in middle of year only, i can't describe whole year, but so far i voted good(4)
i enjoyed time im staying here on pang, and thumbs up for our great staff...

p.s. i hope to vote (5) next year :P

happy new snake year everyone!
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Id say average, lots of "useless" meanwhile lots of good things happened. And playerbase shrank :(
Last edited by Simmo on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

There's much more positives than negatives, that's for sure.

We went a little heavy on the PvP/Religion, but that's why the shard is active at the moment. I believe concentrating on the guilds/merchants this upcoming year will be important, with of course religion changes here and there. We have to offer those that don't care to be in religion, and an option for those in one to have other things to do, that will ensure the shard is moving ahead. I feel like you guys have great plans for that with the mayor system/player vendors etc.

Overall, we're a lot better off when Ares took over. I appreciate all Wille did for us, but he was obviously too busy with work/life. I appreciate the effort put forth by you fellas, Boris, Monad and Ares. And the owners allowing these changes to occur.

I'll try to have more ideas than input next time. I'm voting 4, really good changes, but with changes some not so great things. It's only natural in this game however.
632-140-419