Year 2012 in review

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How do you rate 2012?

5 (Great)
27%
4 (Good)
49%
3 (Average)
18%
2 (Bad)
2%
1 (Horrible)
4%

Total votes: 51

Zaradon

Re: Year 2012 in review

Post by Zaradon »

Boris wrote: Things are bad and they're gonna be worse in the future? That's pessimism.
- Boris

I'm going to breal and straight here.
Most of the players have experienced this and that (If we're talking of Pangaea +/- 2 year scaling)

Then i do see more +'s than -'s.
Ofcourse, for Pangaea it's "Good"

You guys, have done a great job and still keep up the good work and i really hope you wont give up either.
I'm not going to blame the staff for some twats who like to ruin everything for me on Pang, but i just hope you guys open your eyes and start keeping away players who literally grief/harrass another.

You can see one example few replies back.

But for me as a player vs. Pangaea =
Horrible.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Zaradon wrote:
Boris wrote: Things are bad and they're gonna be worse in the future? That's pessimism.
- Boris

Most of the players have experienced this and that (If we're talking of Pangaea +/- 2 year scaling)

You guys, have done a great job and still keep up the good work and i really hope you wont give up either.
I'm not going to blame the staff for some twats who like to ruin everything for me on Pang, but i just hope you guys open your eyes and start keeping away players who literally grief/harrass another.

You can see one example few replies back.

But for me as a player vs. Pangaea =
Horrible.
You´re the only one who feels like this, i think its your own personality. Rest shard cool imo.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

I gave my vote.
I got my personal thoughts/experiences and conclusions.

Whereas i'm running into a wall, trying to help.
Help myself? Not in my nature.

Any problem with that?
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

great work, I always enjoy my time here.

Looking forward for the mayor system!

- Biggs
Tyrion

Post by Tyrion »

Boris wrote:2012 ended (with no apocalypse) and it's time for a recap.

We had some big changes at least. We moved to a dedicated server, banned 3D and allowed clean looting. Those three updates ended the last remains of Alterans era. Otherwise the amount of updates is massive and for those we can thank both Wille and Ares. I'm too lazy to list all the fixes and changes (if someone's bored, be my guest) - but generally this was an active year scripting-wise. So once again...

What were your highlights of 2012?
What do you expect from 2013?

As a reference:
Year 2011 in review

- Boris
Disclaimer: Some improvements may seem biased. That is because I am discussing points with which I am familiar with.

The overall development of the server for 2012 has been great. I would like to see an emphasis placed on more influential RP updates this coming year, so for example: beautification of capitals and regular cities, develop / update the Pangaea history (e.g. The Birth of Malas entry is inconsistent with established RP that has been provided to staff on Imperial forums) focus merchants / guild masters into cities under control of different religions (ie. Imperial = Merchant Religion therefore should attract more npc merchant vendors). All I have atm.
Zaradon wrote:Horrible.

I'm a pessimist.
Mate, it's fine to make a choice based on an opinion that is kept to yourself, it's not fine to state a choice publically and not back it up with reasoning or facts defending that position. Basically invalidates your position entirely and then the flames commence :/.
Zaradon wrote:
- Boris

That goes both ways. We get harassed daily: attacking / killing and looting Imperial merchants / warriors that are training, dragging spawned elementals too Moonglow and attempting to spread plague, malleus'ing through walls, avoiding RP, stalking alternate characters and using the rites in Laws tome to basically rob people IG. Yet, everything is considered legal or "just pang bro", so it continues. Certain behavior is accepted because it's not breaking the rules but as a community of players it's really up to us to decide what is acceptable and what is not. Make a topic about outlawing this type of behavior and I'll support it.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

Great job you all are awesome!
dwight

Post by dwight »

great effort from the staff in 2012, maybe the greatest in all pangaea time, and thats top.

bad things:
too much hate between players
low rp standards

i voted good, i think shard is going well, or else we all won't be here =)

go pangaea go! vote and like fb page =)
Palma

Post by Palma »

Momath wrote:great effort from the staff in 2012, maybe the greatest in all pangaea time, and thats top.

bad things:
low rp standards

+1

Except that I voted 5! Keep it up!
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

Momath wrote:great effort from the staff in 2012, maybe the greatest in all pangaea time, and thats top.

bad things:
low rp standards

you pretty much nailed it there!
Athan01

Post by Athan01 »

pang is better than its ever been before imo