No Solitude month Poll

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What options do you like?

I don't want to try this.
8%
T1) I think we can try this for ONE WEEKEND.
6%
T2) I think we can try this for ONE WEEK.
7%
T3) I think we can try this for ONE MONTH.
10%
No Solitude
18%
No Malleus
12%
No Veritas
11%
Guards the way they were
10%
No Kill and Sacrifice
9%
No Walls
8%

Total votes: 106

Palma

Re: No Solitude month Poll

Post by Palma »

Guys, it doesn't matter what is best and what not.

The real fact is that, if Law stops using solitude to defend Britain, enemies cannot come in bigger numbers and have a Necromancer in the middle of them doing Kill, show up, try it, go back to safety between the big numbers, cast again and so on.
Eventually one kill will kill even if the chance is low. And that's not fun pvp. Let the necromancer use his summons, wraithsbreaths, transfusions, paralyzes, hellfires, etc.

If we all want to try this no instant kill thing, I'm sure you understand why kill has to be included...
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Well, just a sidenote, if this topic brought something new to the table, it's that I've never seen Darian so passionately and precisely explaining how useless rite solitude is.
Kerbal

Post by Kerbal »

Unpopular opinion, I think solitude is awesome. It acts as an equalizer between knight and priest for example.

Without it, all you can do is.....

Maybe restrict it to knights only? :lol:
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

I doubt many people will still go to britain as it is a ton of guards, a pain to get temple especially with people able to banish from above the bridge, overall needing of a decent sized group no matter what. Plus imperial needs solitude as it is the only thing that keeps their temple from just being ran over.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Monad wrote:Well, just a sidenote, if this topic brought something new to the table, it's that I've never seen Darian so passionately and precisely explaining how useless rite solitude is.
It's not useless if we are attacking Britain. In fact, its' the best ritual there is to defend Britain, because it can't be escaped. However, that's a BIG IF, because we have no reason to attack Britain. 1. Britain can't be sieged, 2. Law altar is a pain in the ass to attack and corrupt, 3. corrupting it serves absolutely no purpose and 4. Law as a whole is incredicly annoying enemy to fight against, no one enjoys it, 5. It's a suicide and 6. and most of all it's not fun thing to do...

Because of above we don't attack or fight in Britain. The last time we attacked Britain (At least the attack I was part of), we retreated to Nature temple the moment more than one Law arrived. We knew staying in Britain equals to suicide. Solitude exists to keep us out of Britain and it does a good job at it. We have attacked Britain throughout the years to know well enough where that path leads us. We used to whine about it, but as it was never changed we simply stopped going there.

Conclusion: Solitude is currently "useless", because when we don't fight in Britain, Law don't get to use it. Because of that, their "sacrifice" and willingess of giving up solitude if necromancers lose kill/sacrifice is ridiculous. If we were, however, stupid enough to constantly attack Britain and stay there to fight, it's a whole different story.

I just find it funny that Law is willing to give it up so that we would attack Britain. It's one of two things: They know solitude as it is now is useless, but don't want to fight against Kill/Sacrifice or in all honesty Law WANTS us to attack Britain. Seems like they are getting bored. I don't buy it. They don't understand what they offer in trade holds no value, because even if solitude did not exist, I doubt people would attack Britain, because at least I have no personal need to attack them as long as their tome exists in it's current OP form. Fighting against Law simply is NOT FUN. And I know I'm not alone on this statement. In fact, I've tried to avoid fighting Law as much as possible. Sadly the sieges are a must.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Considering how vulnerable/easy Yew temple is, it only justifies Nature to have Solitude or some other powerful defensive ritual.

Veritas doesn't squelch teks, so we have 2 loss for 1 gain ;F
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Nature can squelch Tekstone. They're infact the only ones.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Last time i tried sylvian silence it didn't work.

Plus, the silence timer will be cut by 50% if not more with LOS
So now you may imagine how easy it is to outrun 3 chants and how useful it is.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Boris wrote:Nature can squelch Tekstone. They're infact the only ones.

- Boris
Too much hazzle to paralyze someone and then silence, rather kill lol. Zaradon, you did try but i sailed or ran out of screen and it faded with couple of secs. Cant you remember Boris, Sylvan Silence is nerfed into bullshit :D
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

You have no clue.

Lets try another poll, another time. This didn't work out too good.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.