No Solitude month Poll

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What options do you like?

I don't want to try this.
8%
T1) I think we can try this for ONE WEEKEND.
6%
T2) I think we can try this for ONE WEEK.
7%
T3) I think we can try this for ONE MONTH.
10%
No Solitude
18%
No Malleus
12%
No Veritas
11%
Guards the way they were
10%
No Kill and Sacrifice
9%
No Walls
8%

Total votes: 106

Ivan

Re: No Solitude month Poll

Post by Ivan »

Vaux27 wrote:
Palma wrote:Maybe not remove sacrifice all together, just dragons and instakill stuff
Should remove all instakill stuff honestly, including both solitudes.

Or restrict it so that it can deal max 90% of targets health as damage?
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

And have an almost Insta-kill (like someone said in some previous topic), no thanks. Rather would change the chants.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

no thanks, if I find myself defending our temple from law using plague to clear guards or any other sort of attack I will be reaching for my solitude macro fo sho!

peace out.

- Biggs
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

1. Guards the way they were is not a fix. Granted, it is better than what it is now, but on the long run it will just bring back the issues it had before. Everyone whined about them before and will whine about them in the future as well. Sure, dispellable guards are better than what they are now, because the current fix actually made them worse. However, changing an OP ritual back to it's old OP-form, still leaves the ritual OP. It's the same as fixing a light bulb by taking a light bulb from another lamp, "problem solved" where in truth it is just changed.
- And example for Akkarrin and the rest who might not understand what I mean: Let's say they'd remove insta-kill ability from "Kill". Instead of instakilling, it will ALWAYS do 100-120 points of damage. At first you might think it's a good thing, but then you notice that instead of being targeted by one necro, you get two necros at the same time, always killing you with a double-kill. Instead of there being a tiny chance of dying, you realize you will always die. You start to whine and it is changed back to what it is now, because it was better "the old way". However, it still won't fix the problem.

Guards need to be changed back to the way they were with the exception of keeping the longer casting time. If plague has over 30 second casting time, guards should have at least 20. And the casting time for plague is fine, because otherwise it really would be pretty OP... just like the guards are.

2. Removing solitude means nothing if we don't fight in Britain. We have so many other towns and places to choose from, we have no real need to bring the war to gates of Britain. And why would Law even want that? You want to give up solitude so we can fight in Britain? Why is Britain any different from any other town?
- To me it seems like you don't want to remove solitude. You want to remove "Kill". You know we don't fight in Britain so losing solitude means nothing. Even if we would attack Britain after this, the only difference it does is that we don't have Kill.

Such terms are unacceptable.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Well Darian, the thing is it's quite hard to notice an attack to any other city than Britain thus people rarely attack those other cities to get pvp. Unless it's a planned siege. If Britain wouldn't have solitude people would attack it more often surely to get some pvp.

And why should Guards have atleast 20 seconds casting time? There are other even more OP things yet you don't whine about those since you have those things on your team (Kill and sacrifice). If guards are dispellable it means they are only helpful until the enemy team notices them and dispels them. If the casting time goes back to the way it was atleast they have some use. If the timer would stick I'd rather just keep the guards as they are atm. Dispellable + 20 sec casting time is just too much. Though I understand your unhappiness with them, maybe you should see it from our point of view and how nothing is done when we whine about kill and sacrifice, except for those "nearly-fixes" which in reality doesn't change anything.

Also remember that guards have been nerfed alot already by guardzones. (Yet once again nothing is done about kill and sacrifice) So quit the whining.

And on topic, I voted no solitude, guards, kill or sacrifice. Though I don't really see it happening.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Could you dudes pleaaase drop sacrifice. Didnt you Demian sacrifice grey dragon in glow in middle of teks and imps, barely 2 died and all were very close. Its so random nowadays and i honestly cba to use it unless im cornered. You cant hide behind Kill & Sacrifice because theres currently NONE. Athan cba to log necro, he PvPs with Knight, i do it with priest and Jon after he comes back plays knight also, one necromancer cant do much due reflects.
But as i told already Kill&Sacrifice are given away, maybe you guys can give something away then.
Palma

Post by Palma »

You see Simmo, problem of kill and sacrifice I believe, why it's being discussed as well, is because it's an instant kill thing. People don't like to get all dressed up to get instant killed without the chance to defend themselves.
Be it 10% chance or 1% chance. When it happens it's damn annoying. We all know it is. Be it an instant hit, an instant spell, an instant anything.

So if solitude must go because it can instant kill, I understand why people won't accept if Kill won't go either.

Even if let's say a deal happens, everyone drops solitude and stuff, and no one drops kill. Next day Athan or you come and cast kill on someone, you can guess what will happen xD Someone will break the deal cause it's not fair.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Simmo wrote:Could you dudes pleaaase drop sacrifice. Didnt you Demian sacrifice grey dragon in glow in middle of teks and imps, barely 2 died and all were very close. Its so random nowadays and i honestly cba to use it unless im cornered. You cant hide behind Kill & Sacrifice because theres currently NONE. Athan cba to log necro, he PvPs with Knight, i do it with priest and Jon after he comes back plays knight also, one necromancer cant do much due reflects.
But as i told already Kill&Sacrifice are given away, maybe you guys can give something away then.
If 1 shit trained necromancer can kill 2 ancient characters with a 8k sacrifice it's still pretty much OP imo :D Sure there hasn't been necros around lately but I'm sure they appear once again when they are really needed.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Demian wrote:
Simmo wrote:Could you dudes pleaaase drop sacrifice. Didnt you Demian sacrifice grey dragon in glow in middle of teks and imps, barely 2 died and all were very close. Its so random nowadays and i honestly cba to use it unless im cornered. You cant hide behind Kill & Sacrifice because theres currently NONE. Athan cba to log necro, he PvPs with Knight, i do it with priest and Jon after he comes back plays knight also, one necromancer cant do much due reflects.
If 1 shit trained necromancer can kill 2 ancient characters with a 8k sacrifice it's still pretty much OP imo :D Sure there hasn't been necros around lately but I'm sure they appear once again when they are really needed.
Why do we even discuss here if i already told that Kill&sacrifice from me athan and jon would be gone and there aint more necros who can be arsed to log and pvp. I wouldnt trust Law to be honest, i remember Yew where i promised no kill you promised no guards but still guards appeared. Yeah the name is Sebastian who cant be trusted. Thats just conspiracy you guys are pushing here, same was with robbers. Necros have agreed not to use and you dudes still talking about OP and whatever not, this aint some Idea topic where its chance to get it nerfed. Its a topic where everyone gives something away for legit pvp doh.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Well I mainly answered to Darian why guards shouldn't be nerfed more, and one of my points was kill and sacrifice. Just because no one plays necros atm doesn't mean kill and sacrifice still ain't OP. I do trust you not to log necros since you rather pvp on religious chars though.