No Solitude month Poll

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What options do you like?

I don't want to try this.
8%
T1) I think we can try this for ONE WEEKEND.
6%
T2) I think we can try this for ONE WEEK.
7%
T3) I think we can try this for ONE MONTH.
10%
No Solitude
18%
No Malleus
12%
No Veritas
11%
Guards the way they were
10%
No Kill and Sacrifice
9%
No Walls
8%

Total votes: 106

Darian Darkmind

Re: No Solitude month Poll

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Demian wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:You are a great example Demian. You and the rest of Law have been whining away at the necromancer class saying it's OP. Yet when you tried it you died several times in PvP. Why? Because Necromancer class requires teamwork, skill and tactics. And not just OP rite spamming. And when we tried the Law tome, it got nerfed. There is a difference here I hope you can see.
Yeah, there is a difference indeed, like me killing 2 ancient characters on my newb necro being surrounded by 8 other Tek/Imp members and even on 80 piety Law priest I probably couldn't do the same in the year 2013 atleast...
AWESOME ARGUMENT! I like your style.

Because! Summon 5 guards and they will kill five... wait, no, easily TEN ancient 50-60 piety fully blessed priests if they just stand still!

And all this was done by one "not-OP" Law priest.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Darian Darkmind wrote:
Demian wrote:
Johnny Walac wrote:You are a great example Demian. You and the rest of Law have been whining away at the necromancer class saying it's OP. Yet when you tried it you died several times in PvP. Why? Because Necromancer class requires teamwork, skill and tactics. And not just OP rite spamming. And when we tried the Law tome, it got nerfed. There is a difference here I hope you can see.
Yeah, there is a difference indeed, like me killing 2 ancient characters on my newb necro being surrounded by 8 other Tek/Imp members and even on 80 piety Law priest I probably couldn't do the same in the year 2013 atleast...
AWESOME ARGUMENT! I like your style.

Because! Summon 5 guards and they will kill five... wait, no, easily TEN ancient 50-60 piety fully blessed priests if they just stand still!

And all this was done by one "not-OP" Law priest.
I guess that says something about your skills as a player if you let a lonely law priest cast guards when theres 8 of you.
Darian Darkmind

Sadly it's never a lonely Law priest, sadly it always has few friends spamming veritas next to him :(

Anyway, you missed the point.

Using your own argument and logic I guess it says something about your skill if you allow Athan to kill you with sacrifice?
Demian

Post by Demian »

I guess you missed the whole point really. I actually did kill 2 ancient chars with sacrifice, being surrounded by 8 guys. Alone. Compare that to any other class now.
Johnny Walac

Post by Johnny Walac »

Jesus christ Demian. I seen better arguments from Zaradon. The simple facts are:

The Law Tome is better then everyone else (The staff has done it this way, they said they done it this way and they are gonna keep it this way)
Necromancers are fine because it requires alot more from the player, item and skill wise.

If they made Solitude consume an empy foci or two everytime you use it, it might weight up.
Order of Nature - Telborea- The Britannian Trade Union - ICQ: 434212709
PvP Video 1
PvP Video 2
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Demian wrote:I guess you missed the whole point really. I actually did kill 2 ancient chars with sacrifice, being surrounded by 8 guys. Alone. Compare that to any other class now.
Lol it was rp. If we would of attacked on sigh u would of had zero chance. You had a minute to set the grey up perfectly
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

How much exactly does it cost for a necro to cast sacrifice? Cause I know getting the mares is very cheap for them...

But I´m not sure that kill and sacrifice is necessarily the problem. I think its the fact that those who are good at using it, are fighting with probably some of the most experienced pvp´ers that happen to be in a religion, and therefore have the required religion weaponry as well with them. And sacrifice along with keening malleus and shit like that makes it very hard to counter it I guess. I have watched a few town takeovers for fun on my neutral assi and I´m pretty sure imps and teks did much better when having those necros around. You can´t counter everything in a big fight.
Demian

Post by Demian »

Simmo wrote:
Demian wrote:I guess you missed the whole point really. I actually did kill 2 ancient chars with sacrifice, being surrounded by 8 guys. Alone. Compare that to any other class now.
Lol it was rp. If we would of attacked on sigh u would of had zero chance. You had a minute to set the grey up perfectly
Yeah yeah, and if i did this and that etcetc.. Even still, there's no other char that could do the same in that situation no matter how much or little rp there is.
Cruxis Bane

Post by Cruxis Bane »

There are way too many options and no one is agreeing on any of it really so I would say this really is a bust actually Palma. There are only 9 people who said no kill/sac. Also if you all really want necros nerfed why dont you become good with them and use them. If you use them effectively and they are so OP it will be noticed by us but we have fought against you all with necros and honestly it was not impressive.
Darian Darkmind

No Demian.
Which pretty much was because:
Johnny wrote:You were surrounded while Rping and you casted sacrifice. You died and we ressed our friends. GG.
simmo wrote:Lol it was rp. If we would of attacked on sigh u would of had zero chance. You had a minute to set the grey up perfectly
So my argument stays valid:
I wrote:Summon 5 guards and they will kill five... wait, no, easily TEN ancient 50-60 piety fully blessed priests if they just stand still!
And what comes to your counter-argument..
Demian wrote:I guess that says something about your skills as a player if you let a lonely law priest cast guards when theres 8 of you.
How is that different from killing two ancient priests with sacrifice while they aren't even trying to kill you?

You... missed... the... point.

You can't compare your one "success" and say it's OP when your enemy wasn't even trying to kill you. Just like I can't compare it to guards killing ten idle priests. It's own stupidity to stand still! However, if that's how you measure it, if that's your argument to why it is OP then surely, following your very own logic, the guards are even more OP.