Assassinations!

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

What would need to change for you to start paying for assassinations?

It is good as it is.
17%
The assassinations need to be made easier.
7%
The materials need to be made easier to obtain/find (leather assassin hood + kryss)
12%
The items you need + time you need + rare opportunities + only 1 specific item lootable don't make it worth it.
31%
The penalties for being assassinated need to be changed, so that it's actually worth it
33%

Total votes: 42

Yonki

Re: Assassinations!

Post by Yonki »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:One item is allowed to be looted. And it has to be named in actual contract (when you make the rp with person whos signing the contract).
I think what is needed is to increase the number of items that we can obtain from the assassination. Increase it to 2 items for an example? That makes it x2 worth the while.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Looting isn't the idea behind assassinations. There should simply be a bigger loss to the victim (not referring to items nor skills), when being assassinated.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

Assasination can be taken as robbery and a punishment in my eyes.

Basically, i see nothing wrong in assasinations except the fact that we do have a small playerbase which makes it pretty numb to assasinate anyone.

I already suggested to restrict G-truesights to 100 tracking (for assasins also) to make it easier to find their target(s) to assasinate.

However, the assasinations should not hold any restrictions so i can not see the reason to make it any easier to obtain few million worth of gear with a few clicks.
Monad
Game Master

Post by Monad »

Gorath Blackmind wrote:I've done one assassination so far in the last 3 months, and made arrangements for another. I don't really see a problem with it, as long as there are people who want to RP. However, I dont know if you're i.e. allowed to loot something from the victim, like indy clothes and bring them to your employer or so. Last hit I did was pure RP. Voted for option 1.

EDIT: I still feel the backstab damage could be higher? It only kills low str unprotected mages and merchants.
What kind of damage it deals? In my original draft the damage was supposed to be 50% bigger, if it's not, then there is a bug.
Yonki wrote:I think what is needed is to increase the number of items that we can obtain from the assassination. Increase it to 2 items for an example? That makes it x2 worth the while.
Me and Ares have been playing around with the thought of assassin curse potion usable only in assassinations. When applied on a kryss and strike on the target it would curse the victim's skills for long period of time and possible restrict the player to interact with NPC's too "You're in too bad condition and the vendor refuse to interact with you" – without possibility to cure. We're talking about 24+ hours probably.

This way we could leave the looting out of the picture, but still an assassin and who hired him would make a big statement to the victim. That would hopefully help the players to hire more assassins to get their message delivered other than just kill. Of course the potion would be expensive and quite hard to obtain but it would be worth the effort.

Remember that the assassin contracts would still go through our approval, so peeps couldnt be just cursing other players like they want.
What everyone thinks of this?
Gorath Blackmind

Post by Gorath Blackmind »

I actually like the idea. Like you said, the assassinatiln would have a bigger effect in game, and would be a statement for the victim. Its good way to say "fuck you" in game RP-wise :D thumbs up for this. And by disabling the character for a day or so, it would be annoying yes, but not ruin the game for you.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:
Ricardus wrote:Other than that it's a robbery, pure and simple.
Go read the rules and correct your statement.
He's just trolling you, ignore it.

On the topic, I'd like to see assassins not getting a murdercount if they perform an assassination while under a contract and hood.
dwight

Post by dwight »

That doesn't make sense at all... assassins that don't get bounty by killing ppl?
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

MC's need to stick. It's data that we follow.

Being turned red under the hood is a different issue.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Talerco Pious

Post by Talerco Pious »

Boris wrote:MC's need to stick. It's data that we follow.

Being turned red under the hood is a different issue.

- Boris
So how about letting the murdercounts add up but you won't get turned red as long as you have the hood on?
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

The hoods should not only help one to hide/stealth, but also coat the identity of the Assasin.