Official poll on Poisoning

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How should poisoning work?

1) You gain poisoning and intelligence from hitting targets
32%
2) You don't gain poisoning nor intelligence from hitting targets
68%

Total votes: 53

Jyrgen

Re: Official poll on Poisoning

Post by Jyrgen »

And where do the assassins actually get the millions to pay for training poisoning? Mule?
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

Make best of their rt and lp skill? I've gained quite alot of forti cloths that way, even 2-3 indies, although not in any awesome skill, but it can be done. And I´m only around 75 in base.
I used to follow Jackson everywhere when he was playing and he loved getting those magic cloths from the chests he was cleaning around. I supplied him with tons of massives for his pvp.

Also, it shouldn´t be easy to get to gm, IF it was as awesome as it was supposed to be. I for one want it to be as hard as Emily had to endure, but also to have the effect as awesome as once described.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

While we've made training cheaper and easier, we've also constantly boosted the actual skill. Even the recent updates are big boosts compared to how things used to work.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Masano

Post by Masano »

No one can deny Darions acheivement in gaining the 100 poisoning when it was broken but I dont think thats good enough reason to keep it broken.

Sometimes things must be changed and individuals lose out.. 80 piety ect.

As I understand it atm 100 poisoning costs 10+ mills and isnt that good (lots of myths and then suspected nerfs when someone finally got it). Its not going to happen that it will be boosted to something uber, OP things arent popular no matter if someone would have to pay 30 million for it.

The logical thing to do is keep its strength as it is but make the training easier.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Masano wrote:No one can deny Darions acheivement in gaining the 100 poisoning when it was broken but I dont think thats good enough reason to keep it broken.

As I understand it atm 100 poisoning costs 10+ mills and isnt that good (lots of myths and then suspected nerfs when someone finally got it). Its not going to happen that it will be boosted to something uber, OP things arent popular no matter if someone would have to pay 30 million for it.

The logical thing to do is keep its strength as it is but make the training easier.
Yeah pretty much. Those millions were spent based on promises that were not delivered on, but the best thing that can be done is to patch the skill.
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

Masano wrote:No one can deny Darions acheivement in gaining the 100 poisoning when it was broken but I dont think thats good enough reason to keep it broken.

Well it wouldn´t be that OP necessarily. I mean 1vs1 and 2 assis vs 1 something, yeah, assi would most of the times win, but since everyone is ancient these days or close to, it can be pretty easy to insta assis. But this would make them feared among others caus everyone would know that you would better gang on them or run away. So even OP poisoning can be easily countered.
I do admit though that I haven´t had the chance to try how it works now with 100 base skill (and won´t anytime soon) and paras and such, but Darion wall of test few months back clearly showed it to be an almost useless skill if charges on cloth and such work against it. Hell, it even looked useless then even if those charges wouldn´t exist, but as I said, haven´t tried it with recent changes and won´t be able anytime soon. I guess Darion only knows.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

I'll keep this running for a week, even if the result's clear already.

Otherwise the final adjustments have been made to poisoning skill, so it won't be boosted nor nerfed from the current form.

- Boris
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

Ares wrote: Just because someone went through hell (as the only one?) to train something does not mean we shouldn't fix the broken system. That argument is insane and we'd never have any progress with that mentality. Yes, it sucks that they had to train it when it was shitty, but come on, let it suck and let's move on and make it not shitty in the future.
yes, you are right, but then shouldn't priests have 85 res spells then?based on your line of thinking (which is correct imo) then we shouldn't "not fix" class system because of how it once was and how it affected some/many players.

on topic, i vote for 2nd option. it's not because of not making it any easier to players, it's about not wanting it to become worse skill (that certainly would happen, after seeing many gm poisoning chars). poisoning should be hard to train, and good to have. also, those who gm deserve not to have the int gains. and with option 1 they'd still have the int gains all the time.

edit: i was actually right in thinking that if we were having int gains we should be gaining too? but there was a bug in it?lol :D

about poisoning being effective, i just think the whole poison shield potions ruin it all, just like magic reflects do with magic users.

i really like my alchemist, but i think it ruins some of the aspects of the game :D protection for every damn thing the game has to offer :D
Masano

Post by Masano »

So people are voting to keep it at the same ridiculous level of difficulty to train (which has been whined about for years) for a less powerful skill than originally was thought. Mongs

edit: glarundis you also seemed to have changed your tune about the cost of GM poisoning since you got urself an alchemist -_-
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Masano wrote:So people are voting to keep it at the same ridiculous level of difficulty to train (which has been whined about for years) for a less powerful skill than originally was thought. Mongs.
Vice versa. Stronger than ever. The wear off rate is a good example.

Originally
0-109.9 = chance for poison to wear off: 50%
110+ = chance for poison to wear off: 25%

Now
90% = 40%
92% = 35%
94% = 30%
96% = 25%
98% = 20%
100% = 15%

I can't even imagine the gains after 95% - but lets hope people have patience and luck with dragon loot. At least try to get yourself to 90% to recieve to nifty bonuses (both poison resistance and decreased wear off rate for poison). All the carrots to train high poisoning are now on the table. You'll have to do the rest and spend millions.

- Boris