Official poll on Poisoning

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How should poisoning work?

1) You gain poisoning and intelligence from hitting targets
32%
2) You don't gain poisoning nor intelligence from hitting targets
68%

Total votes: 53

Biao

Re: Official poll on Poisoning

Post by Biao »

Out of curiosity. Applying poison on weapon has the same gain rate as poisoning your opponent?
i would say yes IF the gainrate in poisoning opponent is lower
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

the int gains are annoying as hell when hitting a target, plus alcy is one of the last remaining decent markets. option 2.
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

1. option would mean loads of more 100 poisoning chars due atm it costs as deadly potions like 2.5mill to get max poisoning, but with this change you could get 5-10 tries to gain with one potion. (85-100)
2. it would stay as it is and be more nice for players that use poisoning

Imo its clear that suchs powerful skill like poisoning would be clearly nerfed if it went that easy to train. So i keep rather as it is since its in balance with the difficulty to train.
Jon

Post by Jon »

dwight

Post by dwight »

As jon said
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

So this is the "secret training method" Repsak kept telling us when he always claimed people were training it the wrong way? Sadly it has been bugged since day one. :lol:

So I assume poisoning gains faster if used while hunting? At least it's easier and less expensive when you don't have to keep applying new poison all the time and instead have a chance to gain each time you hit.

But then again, so many players here have trained it the hard way so it would be very unfair to all of them if it was changed now. First it was nerfed after Darion reached 100 poisoning and then it was already made less expensive. As much as I'd like to have it easy for my assassin who doesn't have high poisoning yet, there's no point to make it even easier.

I go with option 2.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Darian Darkmind wrote:But then again, so many players here have trained it the hard way so it would be very unfair to all of them if it was changed now.
Someone trained it when it was shitty, so we shouldn't fix it.. Whut?
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

ares - people trained it to 85 too the hard way its already been made easier and less expensive to train why make it more easy and less expensive?
Ares

Post by Ares »

Biggs wrote:ares - people trained it to 85 too the hard way its already been made easier and less expensive to train why make it more easy and less expensive?
I'm not sure what your point here is.. I'm not arguing either for or against either option, I just commented on Darians point.

Just because someone went through hell (as the only one?) to train something does not mean we shouldn't fix the broken system. That argument is insane and we'd never have any progress with that mentality. Yes, it sucks that they had to train it when it was shitty, but come on, let it suck and let's move on and make it not shitty in the future.
Biggs

Post by Biggs »

it already has been with deadlys easier to apply and they are much cheaper, it was never broken in the players eyes till now :D