Official poll on Poisoning

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

How should poisoning work?

1) You gain poisoning and intelligence from hitting targets
32%
2) You don't gain poisoning nor intelligence from hitting targets
68%

Total votes: 53

Boris
Admin

Re: Official poll on Poisoning

Post by Boris »

Some loose, some gain. It's the price of developement.

We don't want to crush anyone's world, but that's just how it goes.

But as mentioned in the OP, players themselves decide about this matter - not us - and by the looks we continue on the same familiar road.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Ares

Post by Ares »

Darion al'Ferran wrote:
Ares wrote:
Darion al'Ferran wrote:Right, pay 10+ mills that I spent back to me, then I dont care whatever changes you will make to system.
Dude.. What? First of all, that's an extremely selfish statement. Secondly, what? So if the shard closed tomorrow, you'd demand compensation for all the hours you've spent here as well? Same insane argument. With this mindset, nothing would ever change on the shard.

"I lost 3 fingers working at the sawmill, so now I don't want anyone else wearing safetygloves because I didn't have any back then"
Im telling here that I have achieved something unique, by macroing a lot, spending millions and billions of gold for it, hired GM healing priests to help me, all the poor alchemist souls that I spammed to get my potions to keep training. It has been already made easier to train GM poisoning, accepted. But making it even more easier to train, after what I went through. Yet, calling me selfish?

If you would be in my shoes, you would do the same.
It is selfish. I'm not saying it isn't justified at all, just that it's a selfish argument. Or seen through a narrow perspective, if you will.
I know you trained while it sucked, and it's bitter that some other way of training it should be introduced, that you won't benfit from now. But we can't let arguments like that stop all progress on the shard. That's my point.
Mike

Post by Mike »

It seems to me that GMing Poisoning was an Olympean achievement and yet the skill is not godlike. Since Poisoning did not turn out to be as good as promised either it can be made easier to train or better, though it has been improved to some degree making it cheaper to train seem a good way to go in general. Removing the int gains is a nice boost too.
Darian Darkmind

Post by Darian Darkmind »

Ares, what I highly dislike is the way the whole poisoning issue was handled.

It was said to be extremely good, even Boris said once you have 100 base-poisoning the poisons never wear off and you can use unlimited paralyzation and thus kill everyone. Because it was so great and awesome, it was justified it takes forever to train not to mention tens of millions of gold. Throughout the past ten years we players have whined about poisoning being too hard to train, but it was never changed because it was simply awesome should someone get it up to 100. Darion decided to do it. I warned him that the moment he reached 100 it will be nerfed. This is what I don't like. Everyone knew it will be nerfed, still instead of FIXING it when people asked for it, you waited until someone wasted all that gold and time doing it. You don't believe us before we "proof" it by doing it. You don't listen to players when they asked time after time to make it easier and cheaper. You had decided to keep it hard and have players spend all their gold and time to train it. Once it's trained you change it? And you dare to call that one player selfish(Or anyone else who has spent time and money training it)? That's bullshit, he was DETERMINED to do it because it was supposed to be awesome! The rest of us are just lazy and instead whine to get it easier.

You should have fixed it 10 years ago. I know you weren't staffing back then and thus that is impossible. However, even when the current Staff took over, nothing was done to it even when there's been assassin topics time and time again asking for a boost or a change. The answer was always the same: Poisoning is awesome if you just train it. One guy trains it and whole hell breaks loose.

Why wasn't it being close to "impossible" to train, and the skill being awesome, a problem before Darion trained it? Answer me this.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

It still is impossible to train legit. I doubt anyone can do it without skillgain rings. Perhaps those skillgain books of Monad may help out as well. They'll be more common in the future.

- Boris
Ares

Post by Ares »

The training doesn't reflect the payoff, but one guy did it so..... Never ever change anything about it. Are you high?

I don't care who trained it or what it cost. We have a chance to change it now, let's stfu and get something done about it.
I sent Darion an apology on ICQ as well. Selfish may have been a poor choice of word. Not wanting it changed is not looking at the bigger perspective though.
Last edited by Ares on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Almost noone wants the change, not only Darion.
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Why is this now an issue?

Simply because we're completing Wille's project that never started and never ended. Recently we've scrolled through the scripts, adjusted some flaws and understood how the system works. A year back we simply asked for Wille's opinion without seeing nor understanding the scripts. If Wille said everything's fine, everything was fine and no questions asked. That's how much his expert opinion was appreciated. Nowdays things work differently. Back then Wille worked solo - nowdays the whole staff works together with Ares.

- Boris
Zaradon

Post by Zaradon »

@ Darian - I know you want to stand up for a friend, but chill out.

@ OnTopic - I personally see this as one ignored and unsolved issue by the staff vs. playerbase.
Yes, you've been notified by Wille as everything was alright, so you dropped the case and moved on with the 2DO list.

I highly appreciated the effort of the current staff towards EVERY single friggin update they've achieved so far, regardless to THIS issue (as sad and true it looks) i will still honor our Staff members that they BROUGHT IT UP AGAIN with positive results of being bugged.

But then again, don't blame the current staff folks - Its the owners. They sure had a lot of mis-clicks and typos in the scripts (and still do, waiting for the fixes).

Once again, cool down folks. The issue is BEING taken care off WHICH SHOULD of been taken care of 10 years ago. The current staff really is pushing themself and i can see that (not licking asses for 50 piety) but i'm looking in this situation openminded.
Yonki

Post by Yonki »

It is very simple for me. I like training hard and gaining awesomeness in the end. I would very much like to change the level of training poisoning to be as hard as it was before, and even boost how the poisoning works now to make it worth the training. It was supposed to be the most awesome skill ever to be trained... I want to keep it that way, train my assi, and beat the crap out of everyone with that skill once I finally make it.

I therefore chose NOT to change anything, let us macro it till gm and stop those poison resisting charges, working against melee weapons, to boost it for poisoning classes...