Which of these Fighter classes (still) need boosting?

If you want to know the community’s opinion about a topic, make a poll here.

Moderator: Game Masters

Which classes (still) require boosting?

Archer
11%
Assassin
27%
Barbarian
12%
Knight
13%
Priest
6%
Ranger
10%
Warrior
20%

Total votes: 99

Johnny Walac

Re: Which of these Fighter classes (still) need boosting?

Post by Johnny Walac »

I only voted Knight/Ranger because of the constant rite failing on basic rites like recall and aura etc.
Bestia Domare

Post by Bestia Domare »

i havent ever used a rogue character but a subtle boost to the assassin would be if he could use hiding with hostiles in view. im sure there would be some neat ways to use it. maybe associate it with stealth so that archers dont gain any boost from it. Im not sure what the issue is with assassins, but it seems to be what everyone is saying needs boosting. i could just be talking jibberish, just an idea

edit: or more opportunities to use backstab, not sure if it can be used against mobs or not
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Assassins took their boost already.

Warriors are pending.

- Boris
Leather armor is best for sneaking, because it's literally made from hide.
Vaux27

Post by Vaux27 »

Johnny Walac wrote:I only voted Knight/Ranger because of the constant rite failing on basic rites like recall and aura etc.
I do believe there should be something done, a rite replacing Untrodden Paths to train med with when it comes to using it to gain meditation.

This is the only solution, making Untrodden paths require less meditation and replacing it with another. I'm not sure if the GMs want that or the players to be quite honest, but I think it's time for Knights/Rangers to be able to cast a rite that should be very useful to them.

This is the only logical boost they need, if you want to call it a boost. I find it to be more of a fix.
Maximilian Lhoth

Post by Maximilian Lhoth »

Johnny Walac wrote:I only voted Knight/Ranger because of the constant rite failing on basic rites like recall and aura etc.
Knight and ranger are totally kicka55 now - if in religion and 40 piety! Gamemasters can break up religion alliances by making the veritas etc. hurt all other religions, but knight-ranger types don't use veritas! so the religions with small amount of priests but high amount of high piety knight/rangers owns others due to being able to ally like anyone. so... there will be piety, there will be religion bless, also can do it yourself. protection from malleening and veritas, up to 50% Rather have a head monk, couple of priests and loads of knights/rangers than just priests. And I like it!
Daren Priesten

Post by Daren Priesten »

Give back the assassin regen please!

65 healing sucks :(
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

Regen's now a Warrior speciality. If there's something to fine-tune, it's Poisoning and high-end potions (paralyze, plague).

- Boris
Glarundis

Post by Glarundis »

one thing that imo needs to be looked at, is the fact that assassins have the lowest survivability. worst combination of str + armor + healing of all the fighter classes. it makes that it's like that, because they rely on their poisons.
BUT, poisons can be countered by some things that probably shouldn't exist or should work differently. so assassins will use their paralyzes. but by doing so, the wear-off rate is totally different, like you said on some other topic palma started
Simmo

Post by Simmo »

Assassin - waste millions, mule millions else you suck forever. Should add that to class description :D
Boris
Admin

Post by Boris »

If a boost is needed for paralyze (and plague) - post to ideas section.

Requested earlier already.

- Boris